Perception in Baldur's Gate 3 is one of the many skills that players will need to utilize in order to get either the best, safest, or most interesting outcomes in various interactions. As a Wisdom skill, Perception lets characters see, hear, and detect the presence of hidden things. This doesn't just end with hidden buttons or traps, but also certain aspects of characters.
The Perception skill could be the difference between you spottings a line of traps on the floor, an ambush waiting in the next room over, or even a hidden dialogue option. For some players, since Perception might not add much to your overall combat proficiency, unless you're using items that favor Wisdom, it can be a stat that's easily overlooked. So, is there a way to increase your Perception skill once you're in-game?
Table of Contents
Can You Increase Your Perception Skill In Baldur's Gate 3?
While there aren't a huge amount of ways to increase your Perception skill, there are a few methods to boost it slightly. Certain classes will already be proficient in Perception thanks to their Wisdom proficiency, such as Wizards or Rangers, but you might want to boost them up a little more, or improve the skill on another character.
Perception Increasing Feats
The best way to increase the Perception skill is through Feats, which are granted to characters every four levels. For single-class characters, that's a Feat at Level 4, 8, and 12. The best Feats to select if you're looking to raise Perception, specifically, are:
- Ability Improvements: You increase one Ability by 2, or two Abilities by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Dungeon Delver: You gain Advantage on Perception Checks made to detect hidden objects and on Saving Throws made to avoid or resist traps. You gain Resistance to the damage dealt by traps.
- Resilient: Wisdom: You increase an Ability by 1, to a maximum of 20, and gain Proficiency in that Ability's Saving Throws
- Skilled: You gain Proficiency in 3 Skills of your choice.
Perception Increasing Spells
There are certain spells that'll also have the effect of temporarily boosting certain abilities. Ones that should help with Perception include:
- Enhance Ability Lvl 2 Spell: Bestow a magical enhancement upon an ally. They gain Advantage on Ability Checks with a chosen Ability. (Choose: Owl's Wisdom)
Finally, there are some certain permanent bonuses up for grabs that'll help increase Perception:
- Auntie Ethel's Hair: Gain +1 to an Ability Score of choice.
- Forbidden Knowledge: +1 Wisdom checks and saving throws.
- Mirror of Loss: Gain +2 to an Ability Score of choice.
And that's all you need to know about increasing your Perception skill. Naturally, the choices you make during your Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough are often difficult to rectify, but there's rarely only ever one clear solution to any problem. So, if you find yourself lacking in the Perception department, don't worry. There's plenty of other ways to achieve your goal.