There is a ton of characters to collect in Honkai Star Rail. Each character has a unique set of attacks, a defining element, and an ultimate ability that they can use to turn the tide in the heat of battle. However, aspiring Trailblazers may have come across the term "Relic" regarding Honkai Star Rail and might be wondering what exactly this word means.
That's where we come in! Relics are an essential component of building strong characters in Honkai Star Rail, and you can't afford to miss out on key information about how they work. This article will cover everything you need to know about Relics in Honkai Star Rail, including what they are, how to get them, and how they work!
Table of Contents
What Are Relics In Honkai Star Rail?
Relics in Honkai Star Rail are equipable items that will increase a unit's stats. Those coming from Genshin Impact can think of Relics as essentially the same thing as Artifacts. Alternatively, those coming from other gacha games or other RPGs, in general, can think of Relics like gear. Each character will have several available slots where Trailblazers can equip gear.
Each gear piece comes with a set of unique sub-stats alongside a main stat, which can increase your character's stats. Additionally, as fans of games like Epic Seven and Summoner's War will be familiar with, Relics also have set bonuses. By using multiple pieces of gear with the same set type, you can gain a passive bonus to your attack, defense, speed, and more.
Here are all the Relic types available in Honkai Star Rail:
- Head: HP
- Hands: Attack
- Body: Defense
- Feet: Attack%, Defense%, HP%, Speed
- Planar Sphere: Attack%, Defense%, HP%, Elemental Damage Bonus
- Link Rope: Attack%, Defense%, HP%, Crit Rate%, Crit Damage%, Healing Boost, Hit Rate
The above are all the possible main stats a Relic can have. As is custom for these kinds of systems, the sub-stats are all randomized, so players will need to farm gear to find the best possible stats for their characters. As a tip, percent-based sub-stats usually offer the most growth, so avoid flat stats if possible. Additionally, in other games like this, such as the aforementioned Summoner's War and Epic Seven, Speed is king, so try to get as many Speed stats as you can!
There are bonuses for using two pieces, four pieces, or five pieces of the same Relic set in Honkai Star Rail. It is usually beneficial to try and acquire these bonuses wherever possible, but feel free to experiment and see if a broken set provides your character with better stats.
All Honkai Star Rail Relic Sets
Here are all the Honkai Star Rail Relic Sets:
- Band of Sizzling Thunder: Increases lightning damage / deal additional shock damage.
- Champion of Streetwise Boxing: Increases physical damage / stackable attack buff.
- Eagle of Twilight Line: Increases wind damage / increased speed
- Firesmith of Lava Forging: Increases fire damage / delayed fire damage buff.
- Genius of Brilliant Stars: Increases quantum damage / delayed stackable attack buff.
- Guard of Wuthering Snow: Increases ice damage / increased damage to frozen enemies.
- Hunter of Glacial Forest: Increases attack / deal more damage when above 50% HP.
- Knight of Purity Palace: Increases defense / absorb damage on your shield.
- Musketeer of Wild Wheat: Increases attack / attack and speed buff after using a basic attack.
- Passerby of Wandering Cloud: Increases HP / increased outgoing healing.
- Thief of Shooting Meteor: Increases hit rate / deal additional damage to enemies.
- Wastelander of Banditry Desert: Increases hit rate / deal additional damage when enemy is debuffed.
How To Get Relics In Honkai Star Rail
Relics in Honkai Star Rail can be farmed from various Calyx areas after reaching Trailblazer level 15. Like in most free-to-play RPGs, players will need to complete missions and use their Energy resource (Trailblazer Power) to farm locations and acquire new Relics.
This Energy resource is capped and will recharge daily, but it can be manually refilled by paying premium currency (or by using in-game items).
And that's everything you need to know about Relics in Honkai Star Rail.