Valorant is now in it's closed beta and that means more hands-on time with each of the agents. Each of the Valorant agents has unique abilities, and knowing these abilities like the back of your hand will help you succeed in Riot's new tactical shooter.
One of those agent's is Breach - labelled as an Initiator - he is great for launching attacks and giving you the upper hand in those opening salvos, this is down to his high-damage abilities and devastating ultimate which gives him the ability to shock enemies rendering them useless.
Read more: Valorant: Agent and Abilities Guide
Thanks to HITSCAN, we now have a better look at Breach, including all of his abilities. The video below shows some Breach gameplay from the 50 seconds to the 3-minute, 15 seconds marks.
The video showcases just how powerful Breach's abilities are, and why he is perfect for short initiations.
Breach Abilities Guide
- Fault Line: Equip a seismic blast. Hold Fire to increase the distance. Release to set off the quake, dazing all players in its zone. The ability lasts three seconds and you can daze your teammates with it. (no cost, has a 35-second cooldown)
- Flashpoint: Equip a blinding charge. FIRE the charge to set a fast-acting burst through the wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it. Can blind teammates. (costs 200 credits, can buy two charges)
- Aftershock: Equip a fusion charge. FIRE the charge to set a slow-acting burst through the wall. The burst does heavy damage to anyone caught in the area. Can damage teammates. Does less damage the further you are away from the affected area in the wall. (costs 100 credits, can only buy one charge)
- Rolling Thunder: Equip a seismic charge. FIRE to send a cascading wake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it. It is much like a stronger version of Fault Line and can affect teammates as well. (costs seven points to use, the effect lasts six seconds)
Breach Tips and Tricks
- Breach is an "Initiator" with a core design to create short windows of opportunity for your team by disrupting opponents.
- His abilities put Breach firmly into the category of agents who can disable and disorientate his foes, as he is capable of stunning and blinding opponents with ease.
- Breach's abilities can affect teammates, so use with caution, and find the right time to initiate.
While no Breach lore has been revealed or even leaked, we know that he is a bulky character with a ginger beard and hair. Some speculate that Breach might be of Scottish origin.
Breach portrait and ability list (Picture: Classify)
What we do know for sure is he has metal arms, which should make for a very interesting backstory for this Valorant agent.
Valorant will launch with ten Agents, with five of them being unlocked as you play more games and gain experience.