It's not the biggest patch but it may well be one of the most important in Valorant's short history.
After months of the Operator/Double Op/Operator + Jett, basically, anything Operator dominating the meta, the single-shot sniper has been given a substantial nerf.
(Picture: Riot Games)
A price increase will make it more difficult to accumulate these all-powerful rifles and changes to the accuracy after jumping and scoped in speed etc, will curb its power just enough to make it balanced (or at least that is the hope).
A number of changes big and small have reached five of the game's agents.
In terms of buffs, Brimstone's Stim Beacon will increase your fire-rate even more. Viper will start rounds with her full complement of 100 fuel and her Snake Bite and Viper's Pit have also been made more effective.
In terms of nerfs, Jett's Burst Fire has had its max damage decreased, while Reyna has had her Impress fire-rate bonus reduced.
Valorant v1.09 patch notes
The full patch notes plus developer notes can be found on the Valorant website.
|Blade Storm (Burst Fire)
- Increased price from 4500 >>> 5000
- Decreased scoped movement speed from 76% >>> 72%
- Adjusted weapon dead zone from becoming inaccurate at 30% movement speed >>> 15% (become inaccurate sooner, become accurate later when stopping)
- Firing-rate reduced from .75 >>> .6
- Instant equip time adjusted from 0.3 >>> 0.5 (instant equip plays after tapping orb, bomb defuse/plant tap, Jett Cloud Burst, and Phoenix Curveball)
- Leg shot damage decreased from 127 >>> 120
- Jump land inaccuracy state changed from gradual >>> binary
- Jump land inaccuracy duration increased from .2 >>> .225
- Jump land inaccuracy value increased from 5.0 >>> 7.0 (more inaccurate for .225s after a land)
- During this patch, the chances of being in an hour+ queue should be notably reduced
- This is already a very rare occurrence, but it can happen more often for high rank players—especially in premade groups. We are also doing some tuning behind the scenes to keep high rank matches found after long queue times reasonably balanced and fair.
- Riot ID Reviews
- Players that have been reported for inappropriate Riot IDs will now be reviewed automatically after the match has ended. If their name is flagged as inappropriate, they will be forced to change their Riot ID the next time they log in to the Riot Client.
- Removed Multi-line Breaks in Chat
- Some sneaky people were impersonating system messages to troll others into quitting a match. Enough!
- Changes to party push to talk settings will now take effect immediately
- The chat window can now be pinned to stay open across menus
- Social Panel Sorting Logic
- Sorting algorithm for the social panel has been updated to make it more intuitive for players as they interact with it.
- Fixed issue where Sova’s hitbox was incorrect while using his Owl Drone
- Fixed bug where Omen’s glowing eyes weren’t properly removed when he cancelled his ult
- Fixed a bug where Custom Game preferences would be wiped after navigating away from the Custom Game lobby