In amongst some bug fixes and changes to the Deathmatch mode, there is also the inclusion of a new feature, still in beta, that will reduce input lag and allow players to use 8000hz polling rate mice, with "major" improvements expected with those with a mouse capable of that.
The feature, called "Raw Input Buffer", promises minor improvement for all gaming mice.
The update also gives a minor buff to Viper's wall with agents who fly over, rather than go through it, will now correctly apply instant decay.
Valorant v3.07 is expected to roll out in the coming hours.
Valorant v3.07 patch notes
- Passing through the highest portion of Viper’s wall now correctly applies instant decay to high-flying Agents.
- Jett’s Blade Storm kunai will now recharge after killing a training dummy or defuse practice bot.
Penalties removed for leaving Deathmatch early
- Full game participation is required to earn XP.
- Many of you use Deathmatch to warm up, and its drop-in-drop-out nature makes that work great. Which is why we'll now support DM as a drop-in-drop-out mode with no penalties for leaving a game early.
- New setting, in Beta, “Raw Input Buffer” improves performance of input device processing
- VALORANT has used Raw Input for devices since launch. Enabling “Raw Input Buffer” will adjust which APIs are used for processing Raw Input.
- Should result in minor performance improvement and identical input latency when used with standard input devices and gaming mice.
- Major performance improvement when used with 8000hz polling rate mice.
- 8000hz polling rate mice are supported with this feature enabled.
Game System Updates
- A slew of fixes for some common crashes as reported by players BUGS
- Fixed a bug where the text cursor would relocate to the right when editing text in the Report A Player menu
- Fixed a bug where Team Ace could be awarded in scenarios where it wasn’t earned by the team (we still respect teamwork!).
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.