At E3 in 2018, CD Projekt Red unveiled a project they had announced four years prior, the fantastic-looking Cyberpunk 2077, a dystopian sci-fi RPG in the metropolis of Night City, a fictional city between San Francisco and LA. It immediately captivated viewers worldwide, instantly becoming one of the most anticipated games in recent memory. More was unveiled at Xbox's E3 2019 conference, and the game became a little clearer.
Of course, we're still waiting to see the game in all its glory, but let's take a look at the important stuff we already know about Cyberpunk 2077.
- Release: April 16, 2020
- Platform: PS4, Xbox One, PC
- Keanu Reeves is appearing as Johnny Silverhand, an important NPC, in Cyberpunk 2077
- CD Projekt Red has confirmed there will be no microtransactions
- ‘Braindances,’ a form of futuristic, drug-like VR, will play a big role. "People live someone else’s life while sleeping in the gutter," lead gameplay designer Marcin Janiszewski told The Verge
- You are able to complete the entire game without killing a single person (though doing so will make the game more difficult)
- You will be able to customise your character and progress through the game in any way you choose
- Will feature full real-time ray tracing support via RTX technology
- The Lifepath system lets you select one of three different backgrounds for your character: he or she can be a former "nomad" (in-game outcasts that live on the fringes of society), corporate employee, or street kid
Check back with GINX Esports TV for all of your esports and gaming news, interviews and updates.