Of course, how could we forget a new weapon? Season 10 introduces the mighty Rampage LMG, a gun perfect for mid-range combat.
Speaking of weapons, seasonal updates aren't complete without weapon balance changes, and this time around there are several very important changes.
First of all, Magazines will no longer offer increased reload speed, and that buff is now moved to the Stock attachments.
Speaking of Stocks, Marksman weapons will now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks.
The LMGs headshot multiplier has been reduced, as Respawn wants to put a stop to an oppressive strategy of LMG spray-and-pray with random double-damage headshots. To counterbalance this, LMGs have a slightly improved limbshot multiplier.
The EVA-8 has been dominating the shotgun class for a long time due to its forgiveness and efficiency, and now it's receiving "significantly reduced bolt fire-rate."
These are just some of the changes, there's a lot more, and you can see the full list of Apex Legends Season 10 weapon balances below.
Apex Legends Season 10 weapon balance changes
Supply drop rotation
This season the Prowler returns to floor loot and taking its place is the M600 Spitfire. In addition to the Spitfire, this season another weapon will be joining the supply drop: the Alternator SMG. See how each weapon changes down below.
- Boosted Loader - Reloading near empty (but not at 0) increases reload speed and overloads the next magazine with extra rounds. This hop up will be equipable to the Hemlok Burst AR and the Wingman.
- To make room, the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw Holster are being vaulted for now.
Fully kitted rotation
- Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle
- Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel
- Reload speed increase associated with magazines has been moved to the equivalent stock rarity tier.
Magazines are the most potent source of lootable power for most weapons and that largely comes in the form of ammo capacity. In addition to capacity, they were also offering increased reload speed. We’ve moved the reload speed buff to stocks to help increase the value of stocks and spread out our meaningful modifiers across our attachments.
- All stocks now offer increased reload speed (instead of magazines)
- Marksman Weapons (30-30 Repeater, G7 Scout, Triple-Take) now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks
- Sniper Stocks on Marksman weapons will offer increased stability and sway reduction with slightly reduced handling bonuses (from tactical stocks)
Sniper stocks are an often lonely attachment left sitting on the floor waiting for a crack shot legend to come along and give them some love. Instead of reducing the spawn rates to try and clean up the loot pool, we’re putting them on Marksman Rifles to make them more desirable.
- Now takes Energy Magazines—Mags on the L-STAR work differently than other weapons because of their unique interaction with ammo. Instead they will allow the L-STAR to fire more shots before it overheats and allow it to cool-off its heat build up slightly faster.
- Now take Barrels for recoil reduction
- Projectile VFX scale reduced by roughly half
- First-Person on-hit impact effect intensity reduced
- Hipfire spread increased
The L-STAR has undergone a few changes in Emergence. We’ve attempted to improve the looting experience and extend the L-STAR’s power into the later phases of the game. In addition to these attachment additions, the L-STAR is also seeing some VFX changes for combat readability.
- Reduced the headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2.0 to 1.75
- Increased the limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0.75 to 0.85
LMG spray-and-pray was feeling a little too oppressive when random headshots were chunked with a 2.0 damage modifier. We’re shaving off some of that headshot firepower but adding a little back in by bringing up their limb damage. Unloading massive LMG mags to suppress your enemies should still be a valid tactic, we’re just reigning in the peaks and valleys to make it feel a bit more consistent.
- Reduced handling time for all pistols by ~10%
- Raise, Holster, Zoom In/Out time
With the removal of the Quickdraw Holster and reload speed moving from mags to stocks Pistols took a bit of a hit. We’re increasing their base handling but will keep an eye on their performance as we get into Emergence.
Prowler Burst Pdw
- Time Between Burst increased from 0.2 to .24
The Prowler returns to the floor without its trusty side-kick the Select Fire hop-up. But don’t sleep on it, it's still a beast.
- Damage increased from 18 to 19
- Hip Fire Spread back to season 8 pre-nerf values
- Purple Mag Size increased from 50 to 55
We’ve all woken up with a cold sweat in the middle of the night from a nightmare where Rampart with two gold mag spittys chases you on the World’s Edge train tracks laughing maniacally as she shoots for eternity, right? … right? Well for those of us that have, we’ll be able to sleep soundly for a while. The Spitfire takes its rightful place as a Supply Drop weapon this season. We’ve hit it a few times in recent patches and we still want it to be a desirable Supply Drop weapon so we’re walking back those nerfs while making it much harder to access.
- Reintroducing the Disruptor Rounds which come equipped on a Supply Drop Alternator
- Disruptor Rounds - Increase shield damage by 40%
- Disruptor Rounds can be found on Alternators from the Supply Drop
The Alternator joins the Spitfire in the Supply Drop with its old friend the Disruptor Rounds. The shield damage has come down since we last saw Disruptors in Season 2, but it’s still a shield shredding monster. Pack an extra bat.
- Reload speed from stocks is increased.
The 30-30 can slap, but when it's not slapping it’s probably reloading. We’re buffing the 30-30’s bonus to reload speed from stocks to help alleviate one of the sharper pain points when running this heavy rifle.
- Significantly reduced bolt fire-rate scaling for each rarity tier
- Base fire-rate remains unchanged
The EVA-8’s speed makes it a forgiving and formidable shotgun to run. It’s pulled ahead of the pack and has been seen as the clear choice for many leaving the Peacekeeper, Mastiff, and Mozambique in the dust. This change should help even the playing field between the shotguns.