In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, one of the most important things for Eivor, the character you play, is to learn the new abilities as he progresses through the game.
Similarly to previous titles in the series, Valhalla is pushing the game more into RPG direction, with character stats, legendary armour sets and level progression.
When it comes to abilities, in Assassin's Creed Valhalla they represent powerful special moves that Eivor can perform during the battle, using Adrenaline in the process. To learn them is very important, and they are especially essential when you are fighting more complex battles and harder enemies.
Abilities can be ranged or melee, and you can assign up to 8 abilities at once.
Each ability has two levels. The second rank you unlock by finding another book of Knowledge for that ability(Picture: Ubisoft)
In order to learn a new ability, Eivor will need to find special items called Books of Knowledge, which unlock abilities. These abilities can be upgraded to the second level when you find the duplicate of that particular book.
Each ability needs to be unlocked with a special Book of Knowledge dedicated to that ability, and in order to find them, you will need to explore the world of the game in a search for them.
But that can be quite tiresome sometimes, especially when you don't have much time or you simply want to upgrade that one particular ability right now.
And that's why we are here to help you. This guide will provide you with the list of all Books of Knowledge locations.
Read further to find out where to find Books of Knowledge in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Where to find Books of Knowledge in Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Fire Strike, Poison Strike, Ranged Poison Strike, Ranged Fire Strike
- Obtained from Haytham for gathering Order Medaillons, after killing targets of the Order of the Ancients.
- The second one is also obtained as a reward for doing the Hidden One's Bureau tasks.
- The first Raven Distraction book can be found in Tonnastadir, Ledecesticire.
There's a hidden passage here, and inside you'll find the book. You can access it from Tonna's house through a trap door or through a cave entrance nearby.
- The second book is located in the southwest part of Essexe region, in a bandit camp there. Kill the bandits and take the loot.
Thorn of Slumber
- The first location is near Gryttirsand, in Rygjafylke. You can find it at the bottom of the watchtower, south of the Nottfall camp you raid early in the game.
Climb on top of the tower, and then just break the floor with an arrow to reach it.
- The second book (upgrade) can be found when raiding Dover Fortress.
- The first book can be found in Templebrough Fort, in Ledecestrescire, south of Fascartin and north of Sudwell Monstery.
When searching for Lady Aethelswith, enter the castle, then go into a larger tower where you will find guards surrounding the book.
- The second book (upgrade) is located in the town of Lincoln, in a house marked on the map.
Focus of the Nornir
- The Focus of the Nornir Book of Knowledge can be found at Offchurch region, on the southwest of Alcestre Monastery. There's an underground tomb, where you will need to kill the enemies and move some crates to find the passage. There will be a room covered with spiderwebs, and there you'll find the Focus of the Nornir Book of Knowledge.
- The second Focus of the Nornir Book of Knowledge is located inside Bolingbroc Castle, an enemy fort in south Lincolnscire, directly east of Lincoln.
Kick of Tyr
- The location of the first Kick of Tyr Book of Knowledge is in the Eurvicscire region. There is an enemy camp at Threaded Pass, east of Jorvik and south of the River Derwent. Kill the enemies and find the book in the camp.
- The second book is located in fort Ulkerthorpe, in the southern part of Snotinghamscire, northwest of Tip of the Spear.
Mark of Death
- The first Mark of Death Book of Knowledge can be found in the town of Alrekstad, in west Hordfylke in Norway.
Find the location with the eroded riverbank near one house, and you'll find a cellar entrance here. The book is inside it.
- The second can be found in the village of Meldeburne, a raid location southwest of Grantebridge. It is located inside a guard tower, just take the door key from the guard, which first you should kill.
- The first one can be found in East Anglia, on the east of Theotford and west of the Yare River marker. It is located in a ruined church, on the second floor.
- The second Axe Blizzard Book of Knowledge is located in the Wincestre Garrison, in the southwestern portion of Wincestre, within the Hamtunscire region.
Incendiary Powder Trap
- The location of the first one is Walden, an enemy town in south Grantebridgescire, southeast of Meldeburne.
It can be found in the Eastern Church, behind the altar. It is the church where you assassinate the priest during the “Unholy Father” quest.
- The second Incendiary Powder Trap book is on top of a tower at Briggworth, a small island in the middle of Suthsexe.
There's a room with a barred door, but you can enter it through the roof.
Poisonous Powder Trap
- The first Poisonous Powder Trap Book of Knowledge can be found northwest of the Snotinghamscire region, near the Odin Mine Hideout. There is a cave there and at the end of the cave a hole with the book. Jump inside to take it.
- The location of the second book is Northeast of Temple of Brigantia, in the Eurviscire region. You can find the book in the underground ruins located there.
Dive of the Valkyries
- Dive of The Valkyries Book of Knowledge can be found on the Isle of Ely Monasteryeast of Ravensthorpe. There's a basement there in which you can enter from a cave at the bottom of a cliff. There are some iron ores at the cave entrance, so you will get some extra bonus from going to this location.
- The second book is in the Lolingestone Bandit Camp, next to the river running around Lunden on the southeastern side.
- The first one can be found in Venonis, northwest of Alcestre Monastery in south Ledecestrescire. The book is located in the sewers of Velonis Roman ruins. Near the main road, you'll notice a ladder you can descend.
From there, you should break the wall and jump into the water, and then use the hook to get out of the water. You'll see a pot which you should blow up and you'll get the Harpoon Impalement Book of Knowledge from it.
- The second one is much easier to locate, and it can be found in the tower of Sancta Helena’s Church, in north Colcestre.
Rush & Bash
- The first one can be found in the enemy fort in a region of Grantebridgescire, south of Meldeburne and west of Walden. It is located inside a house in Ravensburg.
- It can be also found underneath Dunwic fort, on the east coast of East Anglia.
You should kill the Master-At-Arms and take his key. Then destroy the floor with oil jar and jump through the hole. Move a shelf and use the key to reach the book.
Throwing Axe Fury
- The first book is located in a cave on the southwest of Nottfall, in the region of Rygjafylke.
The cave is near the site of your first raid against Kotjve's forces.
- The second book is in Caustow Castle, Sciropescire. You can obtain it after the assault on the castle during the King Killer quest.
Rage of Helheim
- The first Rage of Helheim Book of Knowledge is in Rygjafylke. It is located to the northeast of Kyorve’s Fortress. There is a cave with a secret entrance, and you should break the ice wall to reach the chest with the book.
- The second book can be found in a small church in the west part of the city of Jorvik.
- The first one is in the northeast part of East Anglia. There's a Ruined Tower there. Get on the top of the tower, then destroy the floor and jump down inside the tower. Inside you'll need to destroy the wall with oil jars and you will find the book.
- The second one is located in Suthsexe. It can be found inside Chersey Abbey Ruins.
Vengeance of Thor
- The first one is located in the Glowecestrescire region, right around the central area. The place is called Thieves' Warren. There's a house there, which you should enter through the sewers, kill the enemy inside and take the book.
- The second Vengeance of Thor Book of Knowledge is in Oxeneforda. The book is located inside a small building, but you'll need a key to enter.
For that, you need to break into the nearby church tower. You can do that by breaking the window on the second floor.
Inside, there's a secret hole in the floor where the key is hidden. Take the key and head back to the house with the Vengeance of Thor Book of Knowledge.
- The first one is in a small enemy fort in some Roman ruins called Leah Villa Garrison, near the western border of Oxenefordscire. There's a locked room there, which you should break and find the book inside.
- The second Feign Death Book of Knowledge is in Aelfwood, east part of Glowecestrescire. There is a cave there which is also a bandit camp. Take care of them and grab the book.
Man’s Best Friend
- This is a unique Book of Knowledge and it can be obtained through a special quest. Find out here how to get the Wolf as a companion.
And that would be it!
These are all Book of Knowledge locations for all the abilities in the game, their locations and how to get them!