Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, the latest entry in the popular series, is just a few weeks away from its release, slated for 10th November.
With the release date being so close, Ubisoft decided it is the right time to share information about the content they are planning to release for the game in the post-launch period.
During the year-long period, the game will receive several free updates with new content available for everyone who owns the base game, as well as to two paid expansions which will bring new story content and new locations.
Two major expansions will come to the game in 2021 as a part of the paid Season Pass, available for those who buy at least the gold edition of the game, which includes both expansions (Season Pass).
Those two majors expansions are Wrath of the Druids and The Siege of Paris.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass Expansions
Wrath of the Druids is the name of the first major expansion, which is scheduled for release in Spring 2021, as a part of the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass.
- In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklore, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
Expansion 2, The Siege of Paris, will become available sometime during Summer 2021.
- In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking history with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Free Content
Click to enlarge (Picture: Ubisoft)
Besides two paid expansions, Ubisoft plans to release free content for everyone throughout the whole year, starting this December with the release of Season 1, which will include access to free seasonal content and in-game events, like the Viking Yule Festival, as well as new settlement buildings and game modes.
Some of the things included with the Season 1 free update are:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival, the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic, the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season 1 and subsequent seasons will also come with new player skills and abilities; weapons and gear; and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
Season 2 will also be free to all players and it will come in March 2021.
It will also include free content, including a new combat-oriented game mode, a Jomsviking update, and Settlement festivals, along with the new gear and cosmetic items.
Details on Season 3 will be revealed at a later date.
How to get Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass?
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass is included in the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector Editions of the game, or you can purchase it separately.
It will grant you access to two major expansions listed above, but also to an exclusive mission, The Legend of Beowulf.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is slated for release on 10th November on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and Stadia