Baldur's Gate 3 allows you to recruit a lot of companions and friends throughout the game, but if you're having trouble with the game and are finding it too difficult, then you can spend your hard-earned in-game gold on something known as 'hirelings', There are twelve hirelings, one for each class in the game, and each of them will cost you 100 gold to recruit.
What Hirelings can you get in Baldur's Gate 3?
You can recruit the following characters and classes as hirelings from Withers, the skeleton that stays in your camp and allows you to revive your characters or even change your classes.
- Eldra Luthrinn (Gold Dwarf Barbarian)
- Brinna Brightsong (Lightfoot Halfling Bard)
- Zenith Feur'Sel (High Elf Cleric)
- Danton (Mephistopheles Tiefling Druid)
- Varanna Sunblossom (Wood Half-Elf Fighter)
- Sina'Zith (Githyanki Monk)
- Kerz (Half-Orc Paladin)
- Ver'Yll Wenkiir (Lolth-Sworm Drow Ranger)
- Maddala Deadeye (Human Rogue)
- Jaecyln (High Half-Elf Sorcerer)
- Kree Derryck (Duergar Warlock)
- Sir Fuzzlump (Rock Gnome Wizard)
You can't customize the hirelings in any way, so they work well more as tests for classes that you one day might want to play than as fully-fledged characters, but for the small price of 100 gold, you can try any class and any race that you want.