Charisma is a pretty important stat in the lands of Faerun and one that you'll want to buff in Baldur's Gate 3. It helps with persuasion and deception, along with a whole host of other checks throughout the game. You'll want to increase this as much as possible as early as possible in the game, but how exactly do you do this? We take a look and find out.
Table of Contents
How To Increase Your Charisma In Baldur's Gate 3
Boosting your Charisma will unlock new dialogue options and help to pass saving throws and various checks. It's also the damage modifier for certain classes such as the Warlock, who use Charisma as their spellcasting modifier. There's a selection of feats, a spell, and a few different ways that you can permanently increase your Charisma.
Charisma Increasing Feats
You can increase your Charisma through various feats, assuming that you've not chosen a race or class that already has a high Charisma score. Use the following feats if you're looking to up your Charisma score:
- Ability Improvement: Increase one Ability by 2, or two Abilities by 1
- Actor: Increase your Charisma by 1. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for Deception and Performance checks, and you gain proficiency in the two skills
- Resilient: You increase an Ability by 1 and gain proficiency in that ability's saving throw
Charisma Increasing Spells
There's one spell that will increase your Charisma, but it's worth noting that it only does this temporarily. The spell is as follows:
- Enhance Ability Level 2 Spell: Give a magical enhancement to a target. They gain an advantage on ability checks with that ability.
Permanent Charisma Increases
In addition to all of these, you're also able to permanently increase your Charisma modifier. These take a while to get to, but they're worth the time and effort.
- Birthright: Gain +2 to your Charisma
- Auntie Ethel's Hair: Increase any Ability Score by 1
- Mirror of Loss: Gain +2 to any Ability Score
- Duke Ravengard's Longsword: Gain +2 to your Charisma