The latest update for Black Ops Cold War released late on 7th April 2021. With the update, developer Treyarch unleashed the new sniper rifle for both Cold War and Warzone called the ZRG 20mm. Alongside the new gun, there's also a tonne of bug fixes shown in the Black Ops Cold War 7th April 2021 patch notes. This includes stability improvements to zombies, as well as several other gameplay fixes.
Cold War 7th April patch notes: Bug fixes, zombies & more
The highlight of the latest Black Ops Cold War update has to be the ZRG 20mm sniper rifle, which players can unlock in both Warzone and Cold War by completing the in-game challenge or by purchasing the "Jackpot Sniper" bundle from the store.
Treyarch also added a number of Zombies stability improvements in the Outbreak game mode, as well as new gameplay updates for Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught.
Further, there are some map fixes, including the out-of-bounds issue on Miami Strike. The Black Ops Cold War 7th April patch notes also increase the damage of the RC-XD and address an issue with tracking progress for the Science weapon camo challenges.
Check out the full patch notes for the new Black Ops Cold War update below.
- Miami Strike - Closed an out-of-bounds exploit area near the Parking Garage.
- Scorestreaks - Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies using Flak Jacket.
- Addressed an issue where the “Science” camo category for the RPG-7 wasn't tracking properly.
- Addressed an issue where the “Classic” camo category for the R1 Shadowhunter wasn't tracking properly.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Ammo Mods.
- Fixed crashes related to Objectives.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Krasny Soldat's leap attack.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Dragon Relic.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Secure Objective.
- Added numerous stability fixes.
Dead Ops Arcade 3:
- Adjusted XP rewards.
- Slightly adjusted some rewards for life donation.
- Adjusted time allotments for Wave 3 in the Room of Justice.
- Addressed an issue where the Bonus Room War Store not functioning as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the War Store wasn't granting vehicles or a random one.
- Addressed a co-op issue where a player wouldn't be warped into the Room of Fate if another player was dropping into the Room of Fate on a buggy or mech at the same time.
- Addressed an issue where various shield type objects (Barrels, Boxing Gloves, Sawblades, Tesla Balls) were not working as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was not affecting the Meatball or Spider enemies as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the Tesla Ball wasn't working against some enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the player wasn’t properly getting credited for kills while in vehicles for the “Damage Delivery” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where leaderboards were not updated correctly at the end of match.
- Addressed an issue that caused Optics to be automatically unlocked on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
- Adjusted difficulty scaling for higher Surges.
- Adjusted spawn rate and movement speed of enemies to match other modes.
- Added super sprinter enemies to Onslaught.
- Addressed a UI error that could appear upon selecting Player Details when using keyboard and mouse.
So there you have it, the full patch notes for the latest Black Ops Cold War update.
- Read more: Warzone: Nukes are falling on Verdansk early
Treyarch also announced a Double XP weekend for players to enjoy, which runs from 8th to 12th April 2021, so don't miss out.