If you're dropping into MW3 Multiplayer, you'll need to know which Field Upgrades will be available for you to use. These pieces ofequipment will be one of the final items you'll select when building your loadout and can be used in-game after a recharge period.
Every Operator will be able to take one piece of Field Upgrade equipment with them into a match via their loadout. Or, you can opt to take none, depending on the Vest you have equipped. Below, we'll go over every possible Field Upgrade you can add to your loadout, and what each one does.
MW3 Multiplayer: All Field Upgrades Listed
There are 18 different Field Upgrades for players to choose from in Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer at launch:
- A limited use tablet that displays rough information about nearby enemies.
- Deploy a box of medical supplies for you and your teammates to reduce healing delay.
- Proximity activated decoy mine. Upon activation the reinforced fiber target is violently deployed to confuse and distract. Press the ‘Tactical and Lethal’ buttons together a second time for manual activation.
- Disables communication with intel within its radius. Enemies will not be able to activate killstreaks. Enemy UAV and intel systems will not detect you and your teammates. Location of the scrambler is visible in the enemy minimap.
- Marks a location as your next spawn point. Tactical Insertion doesn’t have an effect in one-life modes, such as Search & Destroy.
- Deployable autonomous defense system that destroys up to three nearby pieces of equipment and projectiles. Some larger targets may take multiple shots.
- Deploy a box of ammo and equipment for you and your teammates.
- An Automated Computer Spike slowly captures points and temporarily hacks nearby enemy devices. Point capturing applies in the following modes: Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Ground War.
- Remote-controlled camera that marks enemies. Press the ‘Tactical and Lethal Buttons’ to throw it, and press again to connect to it. When left on its own, the camera will monitor the area and warn players of nearby enemies by sound.
- Activates a device that deactivates electronics, and disrupts enemy sensors in the immediate area for a short time.
- Portable, rapidly deployable ballistic cover.
- Remote-controlled drone that has manual and auto marking capabilities.
- Temporarily makes your footsteps silent. Gun, melee, and throwing knife kills refresh duration.
- Call in a team-based loadout crate with limited uses. Each player can only use it once.
- Emits a periodic radar ping to detect nearby enemies.
- Call in a line of drones to deploy a smoke wall at a targeted location.
- Trip mine that when triggered, emits a constant sound wave that disrupts enemy vision and slows their movement.
- Gives weapon ammo that applies bonus damage against armored targets; this includes vehicles, equipment, body armor, and targets behind penetrable cover.
Wondering what else is available to add to your loadouts in Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer? Check out our breakdown of all the Tactical and Lethal Equipment.