In this guide, we will tell you why some players prefer to disable Crossplay, and how you can turn it off in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
Why disable crossplay in Black Ops Cold War & Warzone
Crossplay functionality is enabled by default in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone if you've linked your game and platform to an Activision account.
Crossplay allows you to get thrown into a matchmaking pool with players from different platforms, namely PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and PC. The latter platform is, of course, more prone to having cheaters thanks to the openness of PC gaming, where some cheats can be installed with ease.
Some players simply might not want to compete with those from a different console platform, while others disable Crossplay so they can avoid PC gamers.
How to turn off Crossplay in Warzone
Thankfully, turning off Crossplay in Warzone is quite easy. All you need to do is follow the simple steps as outlined below.
- Boot up and log into Warzone
- Head to the Options Menu
- Head to the "Account" tab on the right side
- The first option you will see is for Crossplay.
- Change this option to "Disabled"
You can easily enable Crossplay in Warzone by following the same steps as above. No restart is required.
How to turn off Crossplay in Black Ops Cold War
Turning off Crossplay in Black Ops Cold War follows roughly the same steps as Warzone. Simply follow the steps below to disable Crossplay in Black Ops Cold War.
- Log into Black Ops Cold War.
- Head to "Settings" in the options menu.
- Head to the "Account & Network" tab.
- The second option will allow you to change Crossplay from "Enabled" to disabled.
- Toggle the option and you've disabled Crossplay in Black Ops Cold War.
Now that you know how to turn off Crossplay in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, the choice is yours.
You can easily enable Crossplay following the same steps, so there's no harm in whatever you decide to do.