Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available on different platforms, including PC, Xbox, macOS, and PlayStation, and in the meantime, players are wondering if they would be able to play it on Steam Deck. The reason behind this could be its portable nature, as players would be able to play Modern Warfare 2 on the run.
However, the game is not available on Steam Deck because SteamOS does not support it. Surely that doesn't mean you cannot play Modern Warfare on Steam Deck at all, but you will have to follow some other methods. You will have to install Windows on Steam Deck in order to play the game on it.
However, keep in mind that you will have to overwrite SteamOS in order to install Windows. If you still wish to proceed, here are the steps to install and play Modern Warfare 2 on Steam Deck.
How to Install and Play Modern Warfare 2 on Steam Deck
Before starting the procedure, you need to download Windows 10 on a bootable pen drive, and once done, you can follow these steps.
- First of all, plug the USB Type-C flash drive into Steam Deck, and if you don't have one, you can use a USB to C adapter to do it.
- Enter the boot menu by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons and select USB as the Boot Device using the D-pad.
- Restart the device and install the windows, which will be in portrait mode but will be changed to landscape in the steps further.
- Once done, go to the Start > Settings > System > Display > Display Orientation and select Landscape.
- Download a browser of your choice and go to Battle.net to purchase Modern Warfare 2 and purchase the edition you want.
- Install the game as you would on your PC and log in with your Activision account to start playing it.
So that is everything you need to know about downloading and playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Steam Deck.
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations
Featured image courtesy of mrdevyn.