Verdansk 84' will never be the same following the start of Warzone Season 4, as the sky fell, ushering in a brand-new season for Battle Royale fans to enjoy. Do you know what else will never be the same? Your enemies after being blasted in the face with one of the best shotguns in Warzone Season 4. With a shiny new battle pass and a whole lot to discover across the map, you might not have time to sift through all the balance changes to pick the best shotguns and avoid the worst ones.
Taking the current meta and weapon balance changes into account, we've ranked all the shotguns from best to worst in our tier list.
Let's break down what each tier means down below:
- S-Tier: The best of the best. Even with mediocre attachments, these shotguns are better than half of the others in this category, combined!
- A-Tier: With the right attachments, these shotguns can still blow your opponents away in Warzone Season 4.
- B-Tier: While the B-Tier shotguns can't really compete with the S-Tier, if you pick all the right attachments they can get the job done.
- C-Tier: Not really worth it but still useable if you prefer a specific shotgun for its looks or sound. Can work in certain situations.
- D-Tier: The trash tier. Avoid this weapon at all cost since there are so many other, better shotguns to choose from.
With our explainer on how we rank the shotguns from best to worst for Warzone Season 4 out of the way, we can drive right in.
Warzone Season 4 shotgun tier list
Keep in mind that these tier lists aren't an exact science. Further, the developer can choose to either buff or nerf weapons with patches throughout the season. When this occurs, we will update our Warzone Season 4 shotgun tier list.
Let's kick things off with the S-Tier shotguns, the perfect close-range companions for players diving into Verdansk.
- Gallo SA12
The Streetsweeper received massive nerfs with the start of Warzone Season 4, and we believe this will put the Gallo SA12 as the undisputed best in this category which has moved up one tier since Season 3, due to its popularity and players figuring out the perfect loadouts to use.
Close but no cigar for the R9-0, which drops from the S-Tier to the A-Tier in Warzone Season 4. The JAK-12 remains a solid choice for close-range engagements but simply cannot break into the S-Tier this season.
- VLK Rogue
- Hauer 77
The good old Hauer 77 remains a mid-tier choice, while the VLK Rogue has been coming into the meta more and more, making it into the hands of more players with greater effect.
- Model 680
- Origin 12
The Origin 12 drops to the C-Tier in Warzone Season 4, while the Model 680 remains close to the bottom of the pack. While these weapons can still work with the perfect loadout, we suggest rather going for B-Tier and up.
You could have probably guessed which shotgun is the worst in Warzone Season 4, right? The poor old 725 simply doesn't get the love it deserves and is still considered the throwaway shotgun of Verdansk.
So there you have it, all the shotguns in Warzone Season 4 Reloaded, ranked from best to worst based on the patch notes as well as the ever-changing meta in Verdansk.