Please note:There are no balance changes at the start of Warzone Season 5. These are coming "in the near future". The meta, however, has shifted quite a lot.
Warzone Season 5 shotgun tier list
Shotguns are all about getting up close and personal with your enemies, knocking them down with a few shots. Later in Warzone Season 5, players will be able to unlock a brand-new shotgun called Marshal.
Once the Marshal gets released, we will investigate this new weapon and update this tier list. For now, let's break down what each tier means down below.
Description of the tiers
- S-Tier: The best of the best. Even with mediocre attachments, these shotguns are better than half of the others in this category, combined!
- A-Tier: With the right attachments, these shotguns can still blow your opponents away in Warzone Season 5.
- B-Tier: While the B-Tier shotguns can't really compete with the S-Tier, if you pick all the right attachments they can get the job done.
- C-Tier: Not really worth it but still useable if you prefer a specific shotgun for its looks or sound. Can work in certain situations.
- D-Tier: The trash tier. Avoid this weapon at all costs since there are so many other, better shotguns to choose from.
With our explainer on how we rank the shotguns from best to worst for Warzone Season 5 out of the way, we can drive right in.
Shotgun tier list Warzone S5
Keep in mind that these tier lists aren't an exact science. We endeavour to always have our tier lists as accurate as possible. The developer can, however, choose to either nerf or buff weapons throughout the season as well. When this occurs, we will update our Warzone Season 5 shotgun tier list.
Let's kick things off with the S-Tier shotguns, the perfect close-range companions for players diving into Verdansk.
- Gallo SA12
The Gallo SA12 has remained the top pick for us in Warzone Season 5. With two seasons of dominance under its belt (following the nerf to the Streetsweeper in Season 4) the Gallo SA12 simply knows no equal.
The Streetsweeper, despite nerfs in earlier seasons, has remained a solid choice for those who love playing with shotguns in Verdansk. Despite some increase in popularity, the R9-0 and JAK-12 simply can't make it to the S-Tier or even beat the Streetsweeper as our top A-Tier pick.
- Model 680
The Model 680 moves up a tier as it is making it into the hands of more players with greater effect.
- Origin 12
- VLK Rogue
- Hauer 77
The Origin 12 remains in the C-Tier, close to making it to the B-Tier for Warzone Season 5, while the VLK Rogue and Hauer 77 moves down a peg. While these weapons can still work with the perfect loadout, we suggest rather going for B-Tier and up.
The poor 725 hasn't gotten any love and is still considered the throwaway shotgun in Warzone Season 5.
So there you have it, all the shotguns in Warzone Season 5, ranked from best to worst based on both the current meta in Verdansk.
- Read more: How to unlock the Marshal in Warzone
For everything else Call of Duty players might desire, check out our dedicated section filled to the brim with gun guides, news, leaks and much more.