While tactical rifles don't appear to be making a return to their former glory days (who can forget DMR-Zone?) we do think they still have some potential, if you pick the right one.
That's where our tactical rifle tier list for Warzone Season 5 comes into play, ranking these weapons from best to worst by taking the current meta into consideration.
Please note:There are no balance changes at the start of Warzone Season 5. These are coming "in the near future". The meta, however, has shifted quite a lot.
Warzone Season 5 tactical rifle tier list
With no new tactical rifles added in Warzone Season 5, this list remains small, with a total of five to choose from.
While tactical rifles were all the rage a few seasons ago, they've completely fallen off but that doesn't mean you can't use one in certain situations.
Description of the tiers
- S-Tier: The best of the best. Even with mediocre attachments, this tactical rifle can melt faces off.
- A-Tier: With the right attachments, these tactical rifles can still deliver some great damage in Warzone Season 5.
- B-Tier: This tactical rifle can't really compete with the S-Tier. However, if you pick all the right attachments they can get the job done.
- C-Tier: Not really worth it but still useable if you prefer this tactical rifle. It can work in certain situations.
- D-Tier: The trash tier. Avoid this weapon at all costs since there are better options to choose from.
With our explainer on how we rank the tactical rifles from best to worst for Warzone Season 5 out of the way, we can dive in.
Tactical rifle tier list Warzone Season 5
We endeavour to always have our tier lists as accurate as possible. Remember that these tier lists aren't an exact science.
The developer can, however, choose to either nerf or buff weapons throughout the season as well. When this occurs, we will update our sniper and marksman rifle tier list.
Let's kick things off with the best-of-the-best tactical rifle at the start of Warzone Season 5.
The M16 barely overthrows the DMR-14 as our top pick from the tactical rifle class at the start of Warzone Season 5.
It's not DMR-Zone anymore, as the DMR-14 has dropped down to the A-Tier at the start of Warzone Season 5.
The AUG remains a middle-of-the-road pick and can still work with a good loadout at the start of Warzone Season 5, thanks to its decent fire rate and damage.
While not many players use the Type 63, it did barely manage to make its way out of the trash tier, as it is not the absolute worst tactical rifle in Warzone Season 5.
You would be much better off using anything in the game really, so we suggest staying clear of the CARV.2 until it gets some major buffs.
So there you have it, all the tactical rifles ranked from best to worst at the start of Warzone Season 5. While we are not hoping for Verdansk to return to "DMR-Zone", we do hope more players start using these weapons once again.
- Read more: Warzone Season 5 battle pass: All tiers, ultra-rarity operator skins & blueprints, price, more
For everything else Call of Duty players might desire, check out our dedicated section filled to the brim with gun guides, news, leaks and much more.