In this article, we explain what players should know about the CS:GO matchmaking changes following the 2nd August update and outline all the map changes to Ember.
CS:GO Update Patch Notes - Matchmaking Changes
Competitive Skill Groups in CS:GO are undergoing some recalibration following the 2nd August 2022 update. You wouldn't be aware of this normally since small adjustments are not even added to patch notes.
- Stewie2K Steps Away From CSGO Pro Scene To Focus On Streaming
- CSGO Pro Boombl4 Blackmailed By Ex-Wife Lika LiQueen After Spending $500K
- Who is Lika LiQueen aka Angelika Mikhailova?
- The six best M4A1-S skins to look out for in CS:GO
The CS:GO update on 2nd August, however, is big enough for Valve to explain, and effects all CS:GO players.
Valve explains: "Typically when we ship changes to CS:GO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes. However, today’s update affects all CS:GO players so it requires some explanation."
When you run CS:GO following the update, your Skill Group will not be displayed. Players will have to win one more match to reveal their Skill Group once again.
Valve states: " Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Group, but some of you may find that you were already in the right place. So jump into a match, or two, or however many it takes for your next win!"
The CS:GO patch notes released in the early hours of the morning on 2nd August (UTC) lists the changes and fixes:
- Multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm, which will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Group will not be visible until you win your next match.
- Game instructor should now correctly reload saved state if it is disabled and re-enabled.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.
Let's get to the map changes in the latest CS:GO update.
CS:GO Ember Map Changes:
Interestingly, the previous CS:GO update in July also made changes to Ember, and one can't help but wonder what Valve might have planned for this map.
The latest CS:GO update released on 2nd August 2022 only includes changes to the Cannons in Ember.
- Altered the angle that the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now be aimed upwards, and is now 2x faster
- Now have 3 firing speeds (change with mouse2)
- Reduced inaccuracy multiplier
- Killfeed now shows weapon icon
- Produce a beefy screen shake and more particle effects
- Base model now also rotates
- Added damage falloff to cannonballs after their initial collision
- Fixed being able to bumpmine away from cannon and keep control
- Fixed cannons continuing to turn when no longer in use
- Added bus to bus stop outside Industry
So there you have it, the complete patch notes, including changes and fixes to map Ember, and the CS:GO matchmaking changes released on 2nd August 2022 via an update.
You can read the official patch notes here.
For more on the game, please check out our section dedicated to CS:GO esports, guides, news, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Valve.