Despite numerous fixes and improvements, the game, which has been one of the biggest disappointments in 2020, still needs a lot of improvements, both in regard to the game's performance and stability, as well as in terms of many promised-but-never-added features and gameplay mechanics.
In May of this year, CD Projekt president and CEO Adam Kiciński said that they "intend to live up to what we promised our gamers" in regard to Cyberpunk 2077, and during the developer live stream held on 17th August, devs have promised that they are still working hard on a lot of features that players want to see being added.
Update 1.3, which CD Projekt RED says is the biggest one to date, will bring a lot of fixes for Cyberpunk 2077, including the long-requested minimap fix, which will now zoom out when you are driving the car, a button for an easier way to reallocate the distribution of Perk points, lore entries alongside quests, countless bugs fixes, and much, much more, which you can read below in full patch notes.
With patch 1.3 the game will also receive its first of many free DLCs. This first free DLC is purely cosmetic and it includes a new look for Johnny Silverhand, a new jacket for V, and a new car.
Cyberpunk 2077 1.3 patch notes
FREE DLC content
- Johnny Silverhand's Alternative Appearance – can be enabled in Settings in the "Additional Content" tab.
- Multilayered Syn-Leather Deltajock Jacket, Luminescent Punk Jacket - both available in the stash in V's apartment after receiving a message from Viktor after completing The Ride. They're of Rare/Iconic quality by default, Crafting Specs to craft a higher quality will also be unlocked.
- Archer Quartz "Bandit" - available as a reward or for purchase (depending on choices made by player) after completing Ghost Town and then receiving a message from Dakota or Rogue. If you haven't received the message, make sure to be in the Badlands area and move further away from Dakota's work
- Improved the minimap's zoom level when driving, so that it's more zoomed out and easier to navigate.
- Automatic Love - screen with pictures of Skye and Angel will be displayed substantially longer, making it easier to choose between the two.
- Added a button that allows reallocating the distribution of Perk points on a character's skill tree.
- Increased the number of slots for autosaves from 10 to 20 and for quick saves from 3 to 10 across all platforms.
- Added Database links to Journal entries.
- Added an accessibility option for center of screen dot overlay which helps with reducing/avoiding motion sickness. It can be enabled in Settings → Interface → Center of screen dot overlay.
- Fixers will now message V to offer a car for purchase less often.
- Improved the Screen Space Reflections effect so that it looks less grainy on consoles and on lower visual settings qualities on the PC .
- Added a filter for quest items in the Backpack.
- Quest item tags from miscellaneous Job items will now be removed after finishing associated quests, allowing to sell or drop them.
- It is now possible to rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse.
- Players will now properly be able to craft a quickhack even if they once crafted it and then got rid of it.
- Added a comparison tooltip for cyberware.
- Improved a notification when buying cyberware and not meeting the level requirements to equip it.
- It's now possible to upgrade crafting components in bulk.
- Added new sleeping spots for Nibbles in V's apartment.
- Icon on a disposal crate will now turn red when player picks up a body instead of being grayed out.
- Landmine icon will now be grayed out after disarming it.
- It's now possible to use an elevator while carrying a body.
- Happy Together - Barry now has an updated, more unique appearance.
- Base item will now be highlighted green like other components if it's present in the Inventory when crafting the same item of a better quality.
- Detection time of enemies now depends on game difficulty. Enemies on Easy and Normal difficulties will now detect the player slower. Enemies on Very Hard difficulty will now detect the player faster.
- Enemies on Very Hard difficulty (and only that difficulty alone) will now be more aggressive when searching around when they are in the "Alerted" state.
- NCPD will no longer react and turn hostile because of dead bodies in Open World activities.
- NCPD will now also react to hitting NPCs with a non-lethal weapon.
- Adjusted the damaging process when shooting crowd NPCs while in combat depending on distance and the weapon used.
- (Don't Fear) The Reaper — improved Adam Smasher's behaviour during the fight.
- Play It Safe — improved Oda's behavior during the fight.
- Transmission — improved Placide's behavior during the fight.
- Transmission — increased Placide's hacking resistance.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Letter of the Law — improved Cyberpsycho's behaviour during the fight.
- Every Breath You Take — improved Red Menace's positioning and aim.
- Increased stats of La Chingona Dorada (Jackie's iconic pistols).
- The Rescue — increased the number of ammo at the beginning of the quest.
- Introduced minor tweaks and improved balancing of the Contagion quickhack.
- Improved the Crafting system, so that items with Random quality scale their quality with player's Crafting skill — it's not possible anymore to roll a quality exceeding that of the relevant Crafting skill.
- The level requirement of items will now increase with each upgrade. Note: the level of upgraded items will be adjusted as a result of this change. The equipped items which exceed the level requirement can keep being used but, if unequipped, will have to wait until the required level is reached.
- Added more crafting specs for cyberware mods.
- Added crafting specs for knives (available from the start of the game).
- Updated the number of components required to craft some items, e.g. Bounce Back, MaxDoc, quick hacks, clothing mods and some weapons.
- Balancing of crafting specs for clothing mods.
- Balancing the number of components required to craft clothes.
- Balancing the number of components required to craft Sandevistan Fragments.
- Optical Camo cyberware will now be available for purchase from Ripperdocs.
- Adjusted price of the Sensory Amplifier cyberware mod.
- Rare Unity crafting spec will now be obtainable only during Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Tygers by the Tail.
- Changed the price and quality of Kerry's guitar that can be obtained during Gig: Psychofan.
For more Cyberpunk 2077 news, guides, and leaks, check out our dedicated Cyberpunk 2077 section.