Welcome back!

Sign in or create an account to enjoy GINX perks, enter competitions and access exclusive features.

Manage your account

GINX TV > News > Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 breaks most concurrent users record for a single-player title with over 1 million

The open-world RPG easily surpassed Terraria in the Steam charts to become the most-played single-player game on the platform.
Cyberpunk 2077 breaks most concurrent users record for a single-player title with over 1 million

If something was a certainty with Cyberpunk 2077, was that the CD Projekt Red open-world RPG was going to be a record-breaking event within the games industry, and it took just mere hours for it to add one to the soon-to-be abundant list of achievements.

According to Steamdb, Cyberpunk 2077 peaked at 1,054,388 concurrent players after the game released, despite hundreds of users reporting their downloads got stuck at 57.4 GB.

This makes the RPG the single-player title with the highest number of concurrent users in the history of Steam, shattering previous record-holder Terraria's number, which sat at 486,000 according to Reddit user PokemonAreCoolz.

cyberpunk steam
(Picture: CD Projekt Red)

This isn't all that surprising if we consider the large number of preorders Cyberpunk 2077 received were for the PC version.

Out of the 8 million preorders the company confirmed Cyberpunk had, CD Projekt Red reported that 59% of them were for PC, while the rest (41%) got split into all consoles.

Cyberpunk 2077(Picture: CD Projekt Red)

Calculations suggest that Cyberpunk 2077 could become the biggest PC launch in the history of gaming, outdoing World of Warcraft's recent expansion, Shadowlands.

Blizzard recently revealed that WoW Shadowlands was the fastest-selling PC of all time, with 3.7 million units sold on day 1. If CD Projekt Red's estimations are correct, that means up to 4.72 million users bought Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, taking preorders into account alone.

For more on Cyberpunk 2077, check out the best aiming settings for controller users.


News & Updates - Cyberpunk 2077 1.7 Patch News | Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Release Date News | When Will Cyberpunk 2077 Get New Game Plus | Cyberpunk 2077 Project Orion News

Edgerunners - Edgerunners Season 2 News | All Cyberpunk Edgerunners Easter Eggs | How To Get David's Edgerunner Jacket

Build Guides - Best Melee Katana Build | Best Kiwi Netrunner Build | Best Netrunner Build | Best Solo Build

Weapon Guides - Cyberpunk 2077 Weapons Guide | How To Get Rebecca's Shotgun | How To Get Jackie's Pistol | How To Get Your Gun From Wilson | How To Get Johnny Silverhand's Arm | How To Get Lizzie's Pistol | How To Get Dexter Deshawn's Plan B Pistol | How to Get Satori Katana | How To Get Mantis Blades For Free | How To Get Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle | How To Get Monowire For Free | How To Get Chaos Pistol | How To Get Skippy Pistol |

Game Guides - Is Cyberpunk 2077 Worth Playing In 2022 | How To Get Samurai Jacket | How To Get You Own Pet Cat | How To Farm Eddies For Unlimited Money | Cyberpunk 2077 Fastest Car Location | Best Cyberware To Use |