8 January 2024 - We've updated the page to reflect any recent changes to perks and abilites in Patch 7.5.0 and the January 2024 Developer Update that might impact the best Oni builds in Dead By Daylight.
Table of Contents
The Oni is a horrifying killer in the horror game Dead by Daylight, given his ability to not only sap survivors' lifeforce from them but rapidly dash across the map and insta-down survivors with his Demon Dash. He can take some skill to play, though, so looking at the best Oni loadouts might be helpful.
We are here to help you out if you want to succeed in your matches and kill all four survivors as the Oni. Here is your guide to The Oni, including his power, perks, and the best loadout available for him.
The Oni Power And Perks
To pick out the best perks for The Oni, you'll first need to understand his power and how it works so you can think about how the game's many perks may be able to complement it.
You should also learn more about The Oni's own teachable perks since they come with the killer by default and can be used together to earn Adept Oni.
Let's go over all of The Oni's perks:
Perk: Zanshin Tactics
The auras of all pallets, breakable walls, and vaults are revealed in a radius around you.
Perk: Blood Echo
When hooking a Survivor, all other injured Survivors temporarily suffer from the Hemorrhage and the Exhausted status effects.
- Any Survivor who blinds or stuns you becomes your Obsession.
- Any time a new Survivor becomes the Obsession, their aura is revealed to you and they are temporarily affected by the Oblivious status effect.
Power: Yamaoka's Wrath
The Oni's power is called Yamaoka's Wrath, which allows him to speedily run around the map and rapidly down survivors. The in-game description reads:
Absorption Mode - Absorb Blood Orbs left by your injured foes. Press and hold the Power button to absorb Blood Orbs in the environment and fill your Power gauge. When your Power gauge is full, press and hold the Active Ability button to initiate Blood Fury.
- Blood Fury:
- While Blood Fury is active, The Oni becomes lethal and gains access to additional abilities: Demon Dash and Demon Strike.
- Special Ability: Demon Dash
- Press and hold the Power button while Blood Fury is active to perform a Demon Dash, allowing The Oni to cover large distances at high speed.
- Special Attack: Demon Strike
- Press and hold the Attack button while Blood Fury is active, to perform a Demon Strike in the direction you are facing. Demon Strike has an extended lunge range and successful hits immediately put healthy Survivors into the dying state.
Best Oni Builds In Dead By Daylight
The Oni's ability is incredibly powerful on its own, affording him both mobility and the ability to insta-down survivors. Because of his innate strength, Oni players can experiment with a wide variety of builds.
Here are just a few of the top loadouts we recommend for The Oni.
Beginner Oni Build
When starting as a new Oni main, it can be hard to figure out what perks to use. That's why we've put together this beginner Oni build using only perks that come with The Oni or can be found in any killer's Bloodweb.
- Sloppy Butcher
- Shattered Hope
- Zanshin Tactics (The Oni)
One of the main counters to Oni is simply healing since he gains his power from survivors' blood. Survivors will often put up boons to help the whole team heal. Shattered Hope ensures that when you crush their boon, it will never come back. Sloppy Butcher adds a little extra help in keeping survivors injured, while Whispers and Zanshin Tactics help you find survivors and win against them in chase.
Ultra Speed Oni Build
The Oni is a fast killer when he earns his ability - but what if you could make him go even faster? This Ultra Speed Oni build allows you to zip around the map, damaging generators and taking down survivors with little effort.
- Play With Your Food (The Shape)
- Nemesis (The Oni)
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance (The Artist)
- Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage (The Onryo
Nemesis will allow you to switch Obsessions throughout the game, triggering Play With Your Food stacks and allowing you to move more and more quickly as the match continues. Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance provides generator slowdown, while Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage will enable you to see survivors' auras after a hook. The idea with this build is to gain as many Play With Your Food stacks as possible and then trigger the Scourge Hooks.
What Are The Best Perks For The Oni?
Those are all the best builds for The Oni, but you might still be wondering which individual perks work best on this killer. After all, creating your own builds can be fun and allow you to try new playstyles.
You can mix and match the following perks to create an incredible build for The Oni:
- Play With Your Food (The Shape)
- Shattered Hope
- Overcharge (The Doctor)
- Hex: Devour Hope (The Hag)
We recommend mixing and matching the perks in the builds we've provided to create your favorite loadout. As you familiarize yourself with this killer, you'll determine which perks are your favorites and be able to mix and match these perks effectively.
- The Best Artist Builds
- The Best Blight Builds
- The Best Cannibal Builds
- The Best Cenobite Builds
- The Best Chucky Builds
- The Best Clown Builds
- The Best Deathslinger Builds
- The Best Demogorgon Builds
- The Best Doctor Builds
- The Best Dredge Builds
- The Best Executioner Builds
- The Best Ghost Face Builds
- The Best Hag Builds
- The Best Hillbilly Builds
- The Best Huntress Builds
- The Best Knight Builds
- The Best Legion Builds
- The Best Mastermind Builds
- The Best Nemesis Builds
- The Best Nightmare Builds
- The Best Nurse Builds
- The Best Oni Builds
- The Best Onryō Builds
- The Best Pig Builds
- The Best Plague Builds
- The Best Shape Builds
- The Best Singularity Builds
- The Best Skull Merchant Builds
- The Best Spirit Builds
- The Best Trapper Builds
- The Best Trickster Builds
- The Best Twins Builds
- The Best Wraith Builds
- The Best Xenomorph Builds