Dead by Daylight Patch 6.2.1 is primarily a bugfix patch, meaning that it is meant to fix some of the problems users face in the game. Alongside these bugfixes, though, developers have included a not-so-obvious buff to The Mastermind.
Here is everything included in Dead by Daylight Patch 6.2.1, releasing 6th September 2022.
Dead By Daylight Patch 6.2.1
The Dead by Daylight Patch 6.2.1 includes a variety of bugfixes following the release of the new chapter, but it also buffs The Mastermind in some seemingly minor but actually very meaningful ways.
- Dead By Daylight - How To Get Collision Course Achievement
- Dead By Daylight - How To Get High-Speed Pursuit Achievement
- Dead By Daylight September Leaks - Bonuses, Fall Sale, New Cosmetics
- Dead By Daylight Update 6.2.0 - Resident Evil Project W
He is now able to grab survivors with Virulent Bound at a wider range, and Wesker players will earn more points toward their Chaser emblem using Virulent Bound, thus making it easier to earn Adept Mastermind. Here are all of the changes from Behaviour Interactive.
- The Mastermind
- Increased the size of Survivor detection for triggering grabs with Virulent Bound
- Damage done with Virulent Bound now counts towards the Chaser emblem
- Visual feedback has been updated for the “Glyph Massacre” orange glyph challenge.
- Fixed an issue that caused a subtle camera offset in-game which lead to motion sickness in some players.
- Fixed an issue that caused the face of survivor Carlos’s to be contorted after being Mori’d by some Killers
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mastermind to be able to grab survivors through thin walls when using Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Mastermind to be unable to grab survivors with his Virulent Bound near some stairs.
- Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to clip inside assets when slammed into them by the Mastermind’s Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that caused fully infected survivors to play the dying scream SFX when another survivor is slammed into them by the Mastermind’s Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that caused fully infected survivors to play the injured grunt SFX when hit by the Mastermind’s tentacle.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Trigger Bound prompt to be visible in situations where Virulent Bound cannot be used.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pulse VFX to stay until the end of the trial after the Mastermind is stunned while using Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors not to be thrown down when the Virulent Bound ends close to the ledge.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mastermind to be unable to grab survivors interacting with a chest when using Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mastermind to push back survivors exiting lockers into the locker when using Virulent Bound to rush at it.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Mastermind to block unhooking by rushing at the hooked survivor with Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mastermind’s Virulent Bound not to trigger Decisive Strike.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Alert perk not to trigger when the Mastermind destroys a breakable wall with Virulent Bound.
- Fixed an issue that caused the icon to be missing when picking up a First Aid Spray from a supply crate.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hyperfocus perk not to apply its effects on healing actions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the generator’s aura to remain shown for the rest of the trial if a survivor leaves the trial after installing a trap using the Wiretap perk.
- Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to be stuck after being interrupted by the Doctor’s Shock Therapy while unhooking.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the HUD’s Player Statuses to be constantly displayed in their brightened state.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Player’s Name tags to be partially cut in the Lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Pig’s Ambush Dash attack prompt to erroneously display the Prove Thyself perk description in non-English languages.
Those are all of the bugfixes and changes to The Mastermind, also known as Albert Wesker, that are coming to the game as of 6th September 2022.
For more horror content, check out our dedicated section for the latest Dead by Daylight news, leaks, updates, guides, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Capcom.
BEST KILLER BUILDS – The Artist | The Blight | The Cannibal | The Cenobite | The Clown | The Deathslinger | The Demogorgon | The Doctor | The Dredge | The Executioner | The Ghost Face | The Hag | The Hillbilly | The Huntress | The Legion | The Mastermind | The Nemesis | The Nightmare | The Nurse | The Oni | The Onryō | The Pig | The Plague | The Shape | The Skull Merchant | The Spirit | The Trapper | The Trickster | The Twins | The Wraith