As always, with the release of a new season, a shiny artifact follows. If you're new to Destiny 2, the artifact is a tool that, upon grinding and earning XP, will get you mods that you can use to boost stats, help create builds, and most importantly, take down Champions.
Furthermore, upgrading the artifact will grant extra Power on top of the base stats your current gear boasts, making it a great way to keep improving beyond the hard cap.
Aiding players in their task to unveil the mysteries of the returning Leviathan and Calus' plan after being betrayed by his daughter and our ally, Empress Caiatl, is the Nightmare Harvester.
Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted mods
Lore wise, the Nightmare Harvester draws power from the Crown of Sorrow to help "farm" Nightmares that dwell in the Leviathan, as Eris Morn tries to uncover the secrets they hold, and ultimately, find out what Calus is up to.
- Destiny 2 Season 17 patch notes - Increased vault space, progression, more
- Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Season Pass - Rewards, Cost, and More
- Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted - All weapons and how to get
- Destiny 2 Season 17 - New PvP map and Crucible changes
Gameplay-wise, as we've mentioned, it features this season's mods. Without further ado, here's the full list for Season of the Haunted:
- Solar Fulmination - Your ignitions do increased damage in an increased radius.
- Flame Harvesting - Solar Exotic final blows create Solar elemental wells.
- Rays of Precision - While radiant, Solar precision final blows cause combatants to ignite.
- Radiant Orbs - Picking up an Orb of Power makes you radiant.
- Classy Restoration - Activating your Solar class abilities grants you restoration.
- Glaive of Dreams - While you have a Glaive equipped, the Unstable Essence buff gained by picking up objects dropped by Nightmares has double its normal duration.
- Molten Overload - Solar grenades cause [Disruption] disruption, delaying ability regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
- Withering Heat - Causing damage with a Solar ability weakens Champions for a short duration.
- Revitalizing Blast - Stunning a Champion causes it to ignite and clears your shield stun.
- Overload Trace Rifles - Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Trace Rifles causes the beam to stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against [Disruption] Overload Champions.
- Sidearm Dexterity - Faster ready and stow speed for Sidearms.
- Armor of the Dying Star - Reduces incoming Solar damage from combatants.
- Unquenchable Thirst - Increases the buff effect of the To Excess Origin Trait and the healing effect of the Souldrinker Origin Trait.
- Trace Rifle Reserves - Increases the amount of Trace Rifle ammo you can carry.
- Shotgun Dexterity - Faster ready and stow speed for Shotguns.
- Sidearm Holster - Gradually reloads your stowed Sidearms over time. Multiple copies of this perk stack to reduce the time taken to fully reload.
- Pulse Rifle Targeting - Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Pulse Rifles.
- Nightmarish Opulence - Increases the duration of the Psychohack Origin Trait and the effect of the Extrovert Origin Trait.
- Trace Rifle Ammo Finder - Increases your chance of finding Special ammo while you have a Trace Rifle equipped.
- Shotgun Holster - Gradually reloads your stowed Shotguns over time. Multiple copies of this perk stack to reduce the time taken to fully reload.
- Anti-Barrier Pulse Rifle - Pulse Rifles you are wielding fire shield-piercing rounds and stun [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions. Pulse Rifles deal bonus damage against [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions.
- Unstoppable Glaive - Glaives you wield fire a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions.
- Unstoppable Scout Rifle - Aiming down sights for a short time causes Scout Rifles you wield to fire a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions.
- Overload Rounds - Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Auto Rifles and Submachine Guns grants bullets that stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against [Disruption] Overload Champions.
- Piercing Sidearms - Sidearms gain shield-piercing rounds, which bypass combatant defenses. Strong against [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions.
Previously, players had to be careful when selecting which mods they'd wanted to unlock as you could only get a limited amount of them. Starting with Season 16, you'll be able to unlock every single one, making the grind more about efficiency rather than just trying to get the best ones.
For more on the game, check out our section dedicated to Destiny 2 gun breakdowns, activity guides, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.