Now that Guardians have had time to grind their season pass, discover some of the new weapons, and slowly grind through the Tracing the Stars quest, the aspirational PvP experience finally makes its return.
With Trials of Osiris delayed due to the fact that Bungie won't have it running at the same time as Iron Banner anymore, the devs have had time to revamp the experience, adding plenty of quality of life changes to the mix.
- Read more: Nightfall weapon this week in Destiny 2
Time to get into the meat of it.
Season of the Lost Trials of Osiris - Schedule
Moving forward, Trials of Osiris will be happening every weekend, starting on Friday's at 10 am PT / 6 pm BST, leaving on Tuesday's weekly reset. The only exceptions are when Iron Banner rolls around once a month, when this event is active, there won't be Trials on that weekend, also during week 1 of any new season, and after a World's First raid race.
How to enter Trials of Osiris
To access Trials of Osiris, head to the Tower and grab a Passage from Saint-14.
Now for Season of the Lost, the entire system has been revamped, allowing for more rewards without the needing to go flawless (which will still be rewarded with adept weapons). These are some of the changes put in place.
- Passages no longer track losses - a Passage is either Flawless or not.
- Players may continue to reset their passages after a loss, but are no longer forced to after three losses total.
- Passages track up to 20 rounds won.
- Passages have been re-ordered (Mercy is not super useful unless you are trying to go Flawless) and have all had their prices significantly reduced.
- Passages are now account-wide.
- You can play and earn rewards on any of your characters on the same Passage.
Each Passage costs 10k Glimmer and 15 Legendary shards, so they're not particularly cheap if you're a New Light player.
On top of rewards you might get from completing a Passage or levelling up your Trials rank, there will be pinnacle rewards for completing the following:
- Win seven matches total on a given weekend.
- Win 50 rounds.
Speaking of Trials reputation, these are the changes coming to it:
- 3/5/7 win challenges have been removed.
- Once you max out the reputation, you can reset and claim an Ascendant Shard or Exotic engram.
- Like the other ritual reputations, Trials ranks and rewards reset each Season.
- Match wins on a seven-win card have a chance to drop extra Trials engrams, Masterworking materials, and high-stat Trials armour.
Season of the Lost Trials of Osiris - Gameplay changes
The rewards system wasn't the only thing changed coming into Season of the Lost, with a plethora of gameplay stuff being revamped.
Some of the most exciting include a SoloQ matchmaking system as well as being able to group with friends, with a new experimental version of Trials, called Labs, featuring a Freelance mode (no pre-made fireteams).
With an anti-cheat now live, players will have to own the Beyond Light expansion for security reasons, moving away from Trials being completely free to all players. Check out the full list of changes down below.
- Round time is reduced to 90s (from 120s).
- Emotes stay in first-person camera, and Swords can't be equipped unless you have ammo. (This change is in Elimination and Survival also).
- If you run out of Sword ammo while using it, you will be force-swapped to a different weapon.
- This removes the ability for players to secretly peek around corners without putting themselves in danger.
- Special and Heavy ammo no longer carries over between rounds.
- Trials now allows queuing and matchmaking without a full fireteam.
- Trials of Osiris now requires the annual expansion to play.
- You now start matchmaking with players that have the same number of wins on the card and with similar Trials game performance of the given week.
- If matchmaking takes too long, it widens the 'similarity' check until it finds enough opponents for the match to start.
- Crossplay must be enabled.
Season of the Lost Trials of Osiris - Rewards
With all this being said, what will await you on the other side of a hard-fought victory? Plenty of sweet and exclusive loot.
You'll get some sweet armour, but let's check out what everyone's really excited about, the weapons:
- Eye of Sol Sniper Rifle
- The Messenger Pulse Rifle
- Igneous Hammer Hand Cannon
- Sola's Scar Sword
- Shayura's Wrath Submachine Gund
- Reed's Regret Linear Fusion Rifle
On top of earning these via traditional Trials rewards, players can decrypt Trials engrams to focus on gear and weapons they desire with Saint-14 or take them to Rahool for random drops.
Going with Saint-14 is an expensive ordeal, this is what'll it cost you:
- Trials Engram
- 20k Glimmer
- 100 Legendary Shards
- Trials Engram
- 50k Glimmer
- 250 Legendary Shards
- Passage of Ferocity
And that's it, for more on Destiny 2, check out our dedicated section filled with news, guides, and more.