The raid season is back in Destiny 2, with the reprised version of King's Fall in Season of the Plunder. The race for World's First begins soon, and players don't have much time left to prepare.
Originally part of the Taken King expansion in Destiny 1, The King's Fall raid returns in Destiny 2 Season of the Plunder. Since it's a reprised raid, Bungie has altered some of the rules of this end-game activity. Here's everything fans need to know about King's Fall raid, including its start time, rules, rewards, and more.
Destiny 2 King's Fall raid start time
The King's Fall raid in Destiny 2 will go live on 26th August 2022 at 10 am PDT / 1 pm ET/ 5 pm GMT / 6 pm BST / 10.30 pm IST. The new reprised raid will be free for all Destiny 2 players.
Destiny 2 King's Fall raid rules
In Destiny 2's King's Fall, players will once again battle the Oryx, the Taken King, on the Dreadnaught. Below are all the new raid rules by Bungie.
- The raid will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- You will need to be at 1560 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Once you've cleared the raid with Contest Mode active, you'll have access to Challenge Mode and the Regicide Triumph.
- The first fireteam to complete all the challenges for the Regicide Triumph within 24 hours will be crowned the winner of the World First race once the team reviews their clear.
- The Challenge Mode activity enforces the Regicide Triumph requirements by wiping the team if you fail the success conditions during any encounter.
- To alleviate some pressure on our servers, there will be no bounty or weapon crafting progress for combatant kills below boss tier within the King’s Fall raid while Contest Mode is enabled.
Destiny 2 King's Fall rewards
In its latest TWAB, Bungie has revealed the first look at the World's First belt for King's Fall raid. As always, every member of the team that finishes first will get the World's First belt in the picture above.
Like previous Destiny raids, King's Fall is also getting its own solid-nickel free sterling silver ring, as part of Bungie's reward program. Players who complete King's Fall raid in Destiny 2 by 9.59 AM PT on 6th September 2022 will only be eligible to purchase this magnificent raid ring.
The Touch of Malice Exotic Scout Rifle is one of the earnable rewards from the raid alongside its ornament Threatening Breath.
- Destiny 2 Season Of The Plunder - All New Exotic Weapons, Armor
- Destiny 2 Lightfall Release Date, Story, Strand Subclass, More
- Destiny 2 Lightfall Pre-Order Guide
- Destiny 2 Season 18 Artifact Mods Revealed
The weapon isn't currently available to view in Destiny 2's collection tab, so we don't know its perks and trait. That said, we will update this article when more info is available. And that's everything fans need to know about King's Fall raid in Destiny 2.
For more on the game, check our section dedicated to Destiny 2 news, guides, and features.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.