As the hype for Diablo 4's Closed End Game Beta starts to build, Diablo Immortal rages on via mobile devices and a decent PC port. As announced by Blizzard, Diablo Immortal Season 5 will bring the game's first major content update, and inside it, we will find three new Legendary gems.
This guide details the three new Legendary gems in Diablo Immortal Season 5, when they will release, and how you can increase your chances of getting the new Frozen Heart 5-Star gem.
Diablo Immortal Season 5 New Legendary Gems
Diablo Immortal's new Legendary gems will be live following the update on the 27th of September at 19:00 UTC. For those in the US, that's 28th September at 03:00 PDT.
- Diablo Immortal Vote Kick - How To Use In Party Or Raid
- Diablo Immortal Class Change - Rules, Limits, Requirements
- Diablo Immortal XP Bug - How To Get Lost Battle Pass XP?
- Diablo 3 S27 Haedrig's Gift - How To Get And Sets
Legendary Gems, and how you get them with Eternal Orbs, is one of the biggest gripes some gamers have with Diablo Immortal, with outcries of pay-to-win since the game's release.
The Forgotten Nightmares update for Diablo Immortal is the biggest one yet, bringing a new dungeon, raid boss, events, and a new area to explore.
However, this article focuses on the new Legendary gems, so check them out below.
- Blessed Pebble (One Star Gem): Increases the duration of beneficial effects on you by 12% and increases your Movement Speed by 8% for three seconds after gaining a beneficial effect.
- The Abiding Curse (Two Star Gem): Your attacks have a 15% chance to curse enemies, reducing their Attack and Movement speeds by 35% for eight seconds. Cursed enemies also take 10% increased damage from your attacks. Cannot curse the same target more than once every 20 seconds.
- Frozen Heart (Five Star Gem): When you take damage, activate a Frigid Shield for six seconds that Chills enemy attackers and absorbs damage equal to 360% of your base damage plus 1,458. Frigid Shield also grants your attacks a 60% chance to Chill enemies. Cannot gain Frigid Shield more than once every 20 seconds.
That Frozen Heart 5-Star gem does look enticing, right? Well, there's a way to make it a BIT easier to get.
Get Frozen Heart 5-Star Gem in Diablo Immortal
You will, of course, have to use Legendary Crests to run Elder Rifts for a chance at getting a 5-Star gem drop, which is quite rare.
For the Frozen Heart 5-Star gem in Diablo Immortal, players can give themselves a better chance of getting one.
For three weeks following the release of Diablo Immortal Season 5, there will be an option to enable a modified drop table. This new drop table will give you a 50% chance of getting the Frozen Heart 5-Star gem once the 5-Star gem drop occurs.
Yes, you still have to get a 5-Star gem to drop in the first place, which could mean running dozens of Elder Rifts and spending dozens of Legendary Crests. At least when a drop occurs, it is a coin flip for the Frozen Heart gem.
Blizzard explains the addition of the new Legendary gems for Diablo Immortal Season 5: "Legendary Gems are a core part of any player's character, and we want to continually provide more options over time that enable players to choose how they modify their builds.
"These new Legendary Gems have a lot of general applications, and we cannot wait to see how players integrate them into their builds."
If you haven't seen it, check out our video below discussing where Diablo Immortal fits into the franchise's timeline.
So there you have it, all the new Legendary gems coming to Diablo Immortal once Season 5 releases on 27th September 2022.
For more on the game and the iconic ARPG franchise, check out our section dedicated to Diablo guides, news, leaks, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.
Check out our video below, discussing Diablo Immortal's story and how the game fits into the franchise's timeline.
For more news on the game and the iconic ARPG franchise, check out our sections dedicated to Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, and Diablo 4. Get the latest guides & tutorials for your favorite Diablo title below.
Diablo Immortal Guides - Character Server Transfer | Next Hungering Moon | Hell Difficulty Levels | Combat Rating (CR) | Recruit A Friend | Redeem Codes | Next Season | Fractured Plane Event | Vote Kick Feature | Next Helliquary Boss | XP Bug Fix | Class Change | Max Level Cost | Lost Pages | Legacy of the Horadrim | Player vs. Player (PVP) | Set Items | Resonance | Potency | Level Progression | Trading | Crusader Build | Barbarian Build | Monk Build | Necromancer Build | Marketplace | Zone Events
Diablo 2 Resurrected Guides - Ladder Reset | Magic Find Bonus Event | Holy Grail Challenge | Underground Passage Location | Character Deleted Fix | Black Screen Freezes Fix | Unable To Start Fix | Best Assassin Build | Best Barbarian Build | Best Amazon Build | Secret Cow Level | Runewords | Attacks Missing | Horadric Cube | Cairn Stones | Reset Skills & Stats |