The latest game in the iconic Diablo ARPG franchise, Diablo Immortal, will release globally on 2nd June 2022, on PC and mobile devices. With hype building each day, mobile gamers will want to know exactly how to install Diablo Immortal on their Android or iOS devices, how big the game's download is, and the size of the Day One update.
In this guide, we take you through the easy steps of installing Diablo Immortal on iOS and on Android. Then, we also share the game's file size, as well as the Diablo Immortal patch download size.
How to install Diablo Immortal on Android and iOS
First up, you can't preload the game on Android or iOS but you can pre-register for Diablo Immortal and get some nice loot in the process.
- Diablo Immortal PC Preload - Download Size And How To Install
- How many dungeons will Diablo 4 have?
- Diablo Immortal reveals new Class Change feature
- World First Diablo 2 Resurrected holy grail challenge completed
In a recent post, developer Blizzard outlined the steps players need to take to install Diablo Immortal on both Android & iOS devices.
Note that this process can only occur once the game releases in your region on 2nd June 2022.
You might, however, see the game on the Apple App Store or Google PlayStore a bit earlier, as Blizzard explains: "Some players will see Immortal propagate on the Apple App Store and Google Play beginning the morning of June 1 PDT. This is in part due to the nature of how mobile games rollout and to ensure a smooth full launch for the mobile version of Immortal."
Install Diablo Immortal on Android:
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your device. In the search bar, type “Diablo Immortal.”
- Once you’re on the Diablo Immortal store page, click the “Install” button and allow the game to download.
Install Diablo Immortal on iOS or iphone:
- Launch the App Store on your device. In the search bar, type “Diablo Immortal.”
- Once you’re on the Diablo Immortal store page, click the “Get” button then click the “Install” button and allow the game to download.
Yes, these are very simple steps and everyone should be able to complete them without issue. One issue, however, could be the game's huge download size and patch file size.
Diablo Immortal file/download size and mobile patch
Diablo Immortal Android download size (disk space requirement) combined with what is presumably a Day One update is huge for a mobile device.
Blizzard has outlined the download size and the patch size for Diablo Immortal on both Android and iOS devices, which you can read below.
- Android - Disk Space Requirement: 2.4GB (with patch of additional 10GB)
- iOS - Disk Space Requirement: 3.3GB (with patch of additional 9.5GB)
We highly recommend gamers connect their mobile gaming device to Wi-Fi before starting the Diablo Immortal installation process.
Check out our video below discussing where Diablo Immortal fits into the timeline of the franchise, discussing everything you need to know about the game's story and world.
So there you have it, the download size and the patch file size for Diablo Immortal on both Android and iOS devices, as well as instructions on how to install the game once 2nd June rolls around.
For more on the game and the iconic franchise, check out our section dedicated to Diablo guides, news, leaks and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.