You can choose a better weapon, and if you don't have one, you can use the same weapon with two hands to deal more damage. This mechanic applies to all the melee weapons, and not only this, characters with low Strength stat can wield weapons that are unavailable for them by two handing them and here's how to do it.
Elden Ring: How to two-hand a weapon
Two-handing a weapon is not a new mechanic added to Elden Ring, but it has also existed in the previous FromSoftware games. However, the keybinds have changed in Elden Ring, and now, in order to two-hand a weapon, you will have to use the keybinds listed below. Also, you get to choose whether you want to two-hand your left or right-hand weapon.
- Right-hand weapon: Hold Triangle button and then press R1
- Left-hand weapon: Hold Triangle button and then press L1
- Right-hand weapon: Hold the Y button and then press RB
- Right-hand weapon: Hold the Y button and then press LB
- Right-hand weapon: Hold the E button and then click the Right Mouse Button
- Right-hand weapon: Hold the E button and then click the Left Mouse Button
PC players can also change their keybinds according to their comfort by going into the in-game settings.
You can use the same keybinds once again to go back to the previous state to wield the weapon in one hand.
However, you should two-hand a weapon in Elden Ring only if the defence is not your main concern as you will have to drop the shield that you might be having in your other hand. It will work the best when you are fighting in a close range or using an Ash of War skill.
Don't forget to check out and follow our dedicated Elden Ring section to stay updated with the latest news, guides, update announcements and much more regarding the game.
Featured image courtesy of FromSoftware.