In this guide, we tell you exactly where to go after defeating Godrick the Grafting and clearing Stormveil Castle in Elden Ring to follow the main storyline and provide suggestions on what Tarnished should do after they've "felled" this great enemy.
Where to go after killing Godrick in Elden Ring
First off, if you've managed to kill Margit the Fell Omen (maybe with the help of our boss guide), braved the harrowing Stormveil Castle (the first legacy dungeon) and killed Godrick the Grafted, the "fun" is only getting started. Well done though, Godrick is, in many respects, the first "main" boss in Elden Ring.
But where should you go after defeating the Godrick the Grafted boss? Well, the light will guide your way. Just kidding...
Check out the steps below to see where you should go next:
- Activate the Site of Grace and head to the throne room.
- Exit Stormveil Castle and head into Liurnia of the Lakes.
- From there, make your way to the Academy of Raya Lucaria. This is your next Legacy Dungeon to complete.
- We suggest exploring the huge area of Liurnia of the Lakes to level up and find some great items.
- Once you feel you are powerful enough to brave the Academy of Raya Lucaria, use our guide to finding the Academy Glintstone Key.
While players are free to explore whatever they want at whichever time, this is just the general path one should take to face the next demi-god in Elden Ring after you've beaten down Godrick the Grafted.
What to do after killing Godrick the Grafted?
While you might be feeling pretty confident after defeating Godrick the Grafted, you might soon wonder what you can do next as the Academy of Raya Lucaria is quite a jump up in difficulty.
Below, we have listed the suggested steps on what to do after killing Godrick the Grafted:
- Use the Site of Grace behind Godrick to head back to Roundtable Hold and speak to all the NPCs.
- Head back to Limgrave and explore smaller dungeons, especially if you've just been following the light. Pick up all the Map Fragments while you are at it.
- Kill the Tree Sentinel boss you likely skipped in the opening hours.
- Level up to at least 30 or more.
- Upgrade your weapon(s) to +5 or more.
- Upgrade your Flasks for more healing.
- Get Flask of Wondrous Physick.
- Head to the Divine Tower of Limgrave and activate Godrick's Great Rune.
- Explore Castle Morne if you dare.
- Start exploring Liurnia of the Lakes including some dungeons and caves to level from 25-30 if you've just been following the main path.
So there you have it, some suggestions on what to do after killing Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring, and where you should go to follow the main storyline, putting the next demi-god in your sights.
Don't forget to check out our ever-growing Elden Ring section, filled to the brim with guides, news, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of FromSoftware.