Welcome back!

Sign in or create an account to enjoy GINX perks, enter competitions and access exclusive features.

GINX TV > News > Fallout 4

Amazon's Fallout Already Set For Season 2

It seems Prime Video's upcoming Fallout TV show could already be looking at a second season, after acquiring $25 million in California tax credits.
Amazon's Fallout Already Set For Season 2
Prime Video

Despite Prime Video's Fallout TV adaptation premiering later this week, it seems that a second season is all but confirmed. Today it was revealed that the show is expected to relocate to California thanks to a $25 million tax credit.

The first season was filmed in in New York, New Jersey, and Utah, but season 2 could see production move to California, where the show is set. As reported by Variety, California’s tax credit takes aim at TV shows that have begun production in other states or overseas, offering asn incentive to move production to California.

6614123cebb3e-lucy fallout.png
Amazon's Fallout features Ella Purnell as Lucy, a Vault Dweller finding her way across the Wasteland. (Picture: Prime Video)

The state awards roughly $330 million annually, 57% of which goes towards TV shows. The remaining 43% is awarded to films. Studios apply for the funding each year, with it being awarded based on potential job creation.

Fallout is being helmed by Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan, with Bethesda's Todd Howard as an Executive Producer. The show stars Ella Purnell as the Vault Dweller Lucy, Walton Goggins as The Ghoul, and Aaron Moten as Maximus. The show also features Twin Peaks' Kyle MacLachlan, Lost's Michael Emerson, and What We Do In The Shadows' Matt Berry as Mr. Handy.

Amazon have yet to confirm the upcoming show's second season, but it has been reported that filming will begin in September, in Toronto. Other shows set to receive California tax credits include NCIS: Origins and Ryan Murphy's Dr. Odyssey.