Perks are a brand-new tool to help your Virtual Pro in a variety of ways, adding exciting traits as it grows its base attributes with regular XP.
Let's break down everything you need to know.
FIFA 22 Career Mode Perks
In Career Mode, players can utilise up to three different perks, which can be unlocked as you accumulate XP. They provide additional performance enhancement on top of your regular attributes and can be used after certain conditions have been met during a match.
Career Mode exclusive Perks
Unlike Pro Clubs, which is an online mode, Career will allow players to equip perks that boost the rest of their AI teammates. Some examples include the following.
- Chance Creation: Boost Passing abilities for ALL teammates Vision, Passing (Short/Long), Crossing, and Curve.
- Attacking Support: Boost Attacking abilities for ALL teammates Attacking Positioning, Finishing, Long Shots, and Shot Power.
- Defensive Cover: Boost Defensive abilities for ALL teammates Defensive Awareness, Interceptions, and Tackling (Stand/Slide).
FIFA 22 Pro Clubs Perks
Pro Clubs will see players start with only one Perk slot which can be filled with any of the three starting ones, with the ability to earn two more slots as you progress, reaching level 9 and level 19.
Similar to Career Mode, Perks are boosts that can be activated during a match as long as you fulfil specific requirements.
FIFA 22 All Perks
Take a look at the full list of Perks featured in both Career Mode and Pro Clubs down below:
- Distance Shooter - Increases your accuracy and power from long-distance shots. Grants you the Finesse Shot trait and 5-star Weak Foot ability.
- One Time Shot - Increases your finishing ability during one time shots or headers. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Set Piece Beacon - Increases your Heading Attributes during Set Pieces (Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw-In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play and grants you the Power Header Trait.
- Clutch Finisher - Increases your shooting Attributes during the last 15 minutes and extra time. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Hot Streak - Shooting Attributes are boosted for a short time (15 mins) after you score a goal. Grants you the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Quick Reply - Shooting Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after conceding a goal. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
Chance Creation Perks
- Assist Streak - Boosts Passing Attributes for a short time (15 mins) after assisting a goal and grants the player the Swerve Pass trait.
- Skilled Dribbler - Increases a player's dribbling and skill move abilities when dribbling with a ball while also granting them the Flair trait.
- Set Piece Specialist - Increases your player's abilities during set-pieces. Grants you the Giant Throw In and Set Play Specialist Trait.
- Active First Touch - Increases your ball control, acceleration, and sprint speed after a first touch.
- Threaded Pass - Increases through-pass and lofted through-pass accuracy (Vision). Grants the player the swerve trait and 5-star weak foot ability.
- Precision Pass - Increases the player's normal pass accuracy and speed (Short Pass + Long Pass) and grants players the Swerve trait and 5-star weak foot ability.
- Tireless Runner - Grants the Second Wind and Solid Player Traits.
- Pinpoint Cross - Increases crossing accuracy and ability when performing a cross and grants the player the Swerve trait and a 5-star weak foot ability.
- Defensive Closer - Increases the defending Attributes in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- Last Defender - Increases your defending Attributes when you are the last player back.
- Lock Down - Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team scores a goal.
- Cool Head - Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team concedes a goal.
- Ball Winner - Boosts jockey speed when the player does the Jockey or Sprint Jockey actions and increases the player's tackling ability.
- Physical Strength - Boosted strength, ball control, and jumping when jostling, shielding, or heading the ball.
- GK Clutch Save - GK Attributes boosted in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- GK Fast Rush - GK speed boosted when GK is sprinting or rushing.
- GK Quick Reflex - GK reflexes and reactions boosted when saving.
- GK One on One - GK abilities boosted in one vs one situations for 5 seconds.
- GK Far Reach - Good at saving Distance Shots.
- GK Set Piece Expert - GK Attributes boosted during Set Pieces (Penalty Kick, Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw-In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play.
And there you have it! For more on all things FIFA 22, check out our dedicated section filled with news, guides, and more.