There were plenty of performances that caught the eye too.
In Europe, the evergreen Luka Modric continues to show why he is one of the world's best with two massive performances for Croatia while France's Kylian Mbappe and England's Harry Kane light up their games with 4 goals and a hat-trick respectively.
Over in South America, Di Maria scored the only goal of the game to secure Argentina's place at the showpiece event in Qatar, while in Africa, Senegal's Ismaila Sarr scored two goals to defeat Congo.
You can check out the rest of our FIFA 22 TOTW 9 predictions below.
FIFA 22 Team of the Week 9 - predictions
We have split our predictions between the starting XI, bench and reserves.
Players will be available from Wednesday at 6 pm BST and in packs for seven days after the fact.
- GK: Craig Gordon (Hearts)
- RB: Silvan Widmer (Mainz)
- CB: Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig)
- CB: Merih Demiral (Atalanta)
- LB: Jose Gaya (Valencia)
- CM: Aleksandr Erokhin (Zenit St. Petersburg)
- CM: Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- LW: Kylian Mbappe (PSG)
- AM: Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund)
- RW: Angel Di María (PSG)
- CF: Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- GK: Girogi Loria (Anorthosis Famagusta)
- CB: Pau Torres (Villareal)
- CB: Shane Duffy (Brighton)
- LB: Neco Williams (Liverpool)
- CM: Ondrej Duda (FC Koln)
- CM: Enis Bardhi (Levante)
- RW: Ismaila Sarr (Watford
- AM: Dusan Tadic (Ajax)
- LW: Michael (Flamengo)
- ST: Andrej Kramaric (Hoffenheim)
- ST: Memphis Depay (FC Barcelona)
- ST: Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)
- LM: Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids)
FIFA 22 TOTW 9 players will be available from Wednesday, 17th November (6 pm UK) and will be in FUT packs for seven days.
We'll keep you up to date with all the other important news and storylines surrounding FIFA 22 over on our dedicated page.
Featured image courtesy of EA Sports.