It's been an ultra exciting season of FIFA 22 for a myriad of reasons with the continued growth of the world's favorite footballing title. And while there is still time left in the cycle, many fans are already looking ahead to next year's title, as FIFA 23 looms on the horizon.
One of the most enticing bits of early information revealed that FIFA 23 will feature cross-platform capability. In this post, we'll look into the upcoming facets set to make FIFA 23 the best release yet from EA Sports.
FIFA 23 Will Feature Cross-Play
With FIFA such a popular title around the world, the game developers are constantly looking for more ways to link together different segments of the fanbase. FIFA 23 is set to achieve that by featuring Cross-Play technology for players on different platforms.
- FIFA 23 - PC Specs And Requirements
- How To Pre-Order FIFA 23 - Release Date, Ultimate Edition, Trailer, More
- FIFA 22 Luis Díaz FUTTIES SBC - Cheapest Solutions, Rewards, Stats
- FIFA 22 Gerson FUT Shapeshifters SBC - Cheapest Solutions, Rewards, Stats
In a recent EA Sports blogpost, the game devs confirmed PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Stadia, and PC versions of FIFA 23 will be cross-play compatible with one another, and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of FIFA 23 will be cross-play compatible with one another.
FIFA 23 cross-play will be available at launch in the following game modes:
- FUT Division Rivals (except Co-Op)
- FUT Champions
- FUT Ultimate Online Draft
- FUT Online Friendlies (except Co-Op)
- FUT Play a Friend, Online Friendlies
- Online Seasons (except Co-Op Seasons)
- Virtual Bundesliga (available to players based in Germany)
Cross-play will be initially enabled for all players when first launching FIFA 23, provided the platform level settings allow for it, and it can be opted out of at any time.
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Cross-Play
Of course, one of the burning questions on the minds of many FIFA fans is how cross-play will affect Ultimate Team, the premier game mode of the EA Sports FIFA titles. Ultimate Team will feature cross-play capabilities as well with a shared FUT Marketplace in what looks to be the best version of the popular mode.
The FUT Transfer Market will now be combined within pools of platforms with the exception of PC and Switch, which will continue to have their own separate Transfer Markets.
Shared FUT Transfer Market Pool
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S
Individual FUT Transfer Market
- Pool 1
- Pool 2
• Both men's and women's World Cups— SPORTbible (@sportbible) July 20, 2022
• Play as women’s club teams for the first time
• It's cross-play compatible
• A new risk versus reward shooting mechanic
The FIFA 23 trailer has dropped and it's game changing... 🎮 pic.twitter.com/nrlBwi179D
That's everything you need to know about the upcoming Cros-Play capabilities of FIFA 23.
For more coverage of the world's favorite footballing title, check out our section dedicated to FIFA news, guides, SBC solutions, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of EA Sports.