Epic Games has announced first details about 2021 FNCS and particularly about FNCS Chapter 2 Season 5.
Epic explains that for Fortnite Competitive in 2021 their goal is to "tie the 2021 seasons together for a more cohesive experience" and assures players they have been listening to feedback and will adjust some things accordingly.
The overall prize pool for 2021 will be $20,000,000, which is a $3,000,000 increase compared to Fortnite Champion Series in 2020.
Epic's plan is to have four FNCS seasons in 2021, along with two big mid and end of year competitions.
Here's everything you need to know about the first of those seasons, FNCS Chapter 2 Season 5.
FNCS Chapter 2 Season 5 Format
(Picture: Epic Games)
- Fortnite Champion Series (FNCS) format will be standardized to Trios for all competition in 2021.
- Players will compete in a single cross-platform player pool (PC, consoles, mobile).
- Each season will have Weekly Qualifiers, Bye Week, Semi-Finals, Reboot Round, and Finals.
- Each Qualifier will have 4 rounds
- Round 1: Open
- Round 2: Top 1500 teams
- Round 3: Top 250 teams
- Round 4: Top 33 Teams
- The top 10 teams from each region in the final stage will move on to the Semi-Finals.
- The top 102 teams in series points will also advance to the Semi-Finals for a total of 132 teams in each region progressing in the tournament.
- Semi-Finals - Four groups with 33 unique teams in each region, and the top 8 teams from each group will advance to Finals.
- Reboot Round - Teams ranked 9th - 16th in each Semi-Finals group. The team that earns the Victory Royale will qualify to the Finals.
- Finals - The top 33 teams in each region, 12 total matches in two days.
FNCS Chapter 2 Season 5 Schedule
- Qualifier 1: 4-7 February
- Qualifier 2: 11-14 February
- Qualifier 3: 18-21 February
- Bye Week: 25-28 February
- Semi-Finals: 5-7 March
- Reboot Round: 12-13 March
- Finals: 12-14 March
FNCS Chapter 2 Season 5 Prize Pool
(Picture: Epic Games)
Each of four FNCS seasons in 2021 will have a $3,000,000 prize pool.
When it comes to distribution, Epic Games explains: "The distribution across all regions for the $3,000,000 prize pool is currently based on the most recent competitive participation and regional game population."
The prize pool is currently distributed as follows:
- EU - $1,350,000
- NAE - $690,000
- NAW - $300,000
- BR - $300,000
- Asia - $150,000
- ME - $120,000
- OCE - $90,000
FNCS Chapter 2 Season 5 Stream: How to watch