Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 is well underway with no shortage of quests to complete. As with every week, weekly resets will make necessary changes and add new content though before that happens this week, Epic has stealth dropped a new hotfix on 26th April 2022 that brings a host of new changes to the game.
Fortnite v20.20 hotfix dropped on 26th April, adding new stuff and fixing some high priority issues that had plagued the game. Below you will find everything added and changed with the latest hotfix ahead of the weekly reset.
Everything new in Fortnite April 26 hotfix
As mentioned before, the latest hotfix adds plenty of new content. From unvaulting an old weapon to proceeding with the battle with IO members, fans have a lot to look forward to.
The Battle for Rocky Reels
The Resistance continues its battle with the IO, now in Rocky Reels. Players can choose to support the Resistance members by eliminating IO members in Rocky Reels this week. Players will also find Huntmaster Saber there, who is undoubtedly a challenging foe. We recommend engaging in this battle since you will find heaps of legendary weapons here after the fight.
Light Machine Gun unvaulted
Epic tends to vault and unvault weapons, so it's no surprise that the new patch unvaulted another popular weapon - Light Machine Gun. First introduced with patch 3.5.2, which was then vaulted with patch 15.00, the LMG is a high fire-rate weapon with a 60-round magazine. According to Epic, 'The longer you hold down its trigger, the more manageable its recoil becomes.'
New Funding Stations - Boogie Bomb Vs. Rift-To-Go
Throughout Chapter 3 Season 2, Epic has introduced funding stations to bring new weapons and equipment from players' feedback. The latest set of funding stations, which you can find scattered across all the named locations on the map, pits Boogie Bomb against Rift-To-Go.
- Fortnite Thermal Rifle locations in Chapter 3 Season 2
- What to do with Klomberries in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
- Fortnite Ranger Shotgun - How to get, stats, and more
- How to complete Week 5 Resistance quests in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
Aside from all these new additions, Epic also listed some additional notes in its blog post that are in regard to Fortnite's competitive playlists. These are -
- Rocky Reels is not under assault in competitive playlists, but Huntmaster Saber has still relocated.
- The LMG is not included in competitive playlists but is subject to an evaluation period.
- The winner of the Boogie Bomb vs. Rift-To-Go vote will not immediately be unvaulted in competitive playlists - but is subject to an evaluation period.
- The Repair Torch has been removed from competitive playlists.
That's pretty much everything included in Fortnite v20.20 April 26 hotfix update.
For more on the game, please make sure to check our section dedicated to Fortnite weekly challenges, updates, and guides.
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.