In Close Encounters LTM, you can use only Shotguns, and Jetpacks are available to loot, and the match starts at a normal pace before it speeds up as the game progresses. The length of a typical Close Encounter match is of 15 minutes, and upon completing various challenges, you will also be getting rewards.
Fortnite v19:20: Close Encounters LTM challenges and rewards
Here is the list of all the Close Encounters LTM challenges available in Fortnite 19.20, along with the rewards you can grab by completing them.
- Eliminate two player opponents within 30 seconds of each other in Close Encounters (0/1) - 12,000 XP
- Get an elimination with ten or fewer players remaining in Close Encounters (0/1) - 14,000 XP
- Deal damage to opponents from above in Close Encounters (0/100) - 10,000 XP
- Complete three "Close Encounters" Quests (0/3) - 18,000 XP
These challenges will be available for two weeks, so make sure that you complete these challenges as soon as possible so that you don't miss any XP rewards. This is a great opportunity for you to grab a huge amount of XP easily in order to max out the battle pass and earn a ton of in-game items for free.
In addition to this, the developers have also added a brand new POI in the game called Covert Cavern with a new boss known as Gunnar. In addition to this, you can also grab Mythic Stinger and keycard after killing Gunnar in Fortnite v19.20.
That's everything about the Close Encounters limited time mode in Fortnite that has returned in v19.0; enjoy the flight!
- Read more: How to get Covert Cavern Keycard in Fortnite v19.20 and unlock high tier loot in the game
Make sure to check back with our dedicated Fortnite page throughout the entirety of Chapter 3. We'll make sure to update you with all the latest challenges, title updates, announcements and more regarding the game.
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.