Fortnite: Impostors is related to Jones' betrayal of the Imagined Order, so now players will have the opportunity to take a side, either for maintaining the Bridge, or sabotaging the Imagined Order from within.
Let’s take a look at how this game mode plays out, and how you can win by being either an Agent or an Impostor.
Fortnite Impostors mode: Gameplay and roles
This mode is designed for games with up to 10 players, where two of them will be the Imposters and will try to take over an area known as “The Bridge”.
Playing as an Agent
The Agents will try to do their best to defend and keep the location safe while completing various tasks to keep the Imagined Order's facilities running.
If you are an Agent, you will have to do everything you can to find the Imposters. In case of finding a fellow Agent’s eliminated fragment, you can report it and all players will be transported to the centre of the Bridge, where they will have to decide which person will leave the game by voting.
At the end of each discussion, Agents and Impostors will vote to either eject someone from the Bridge or to skip their vote for that discussion. You must consider others' accusations and objections carefully: if the person voted out was actually an Agent, then Impostors will be one step closer to eliminating everyone.
Playing as an Impostor
The rest of the participants will become Imposters, who will try to sabotage all the work of the Agents and eliminate them during the game. If you are one of them, then you will be able to disable tasks and teleport Agents to hide possible clues of your guilt.
Like Agents, Impostors will have a list of assignments they can complete to earn everyone’s trust. Be cautious, though: for every assignment you finish, you inch the Agents closer to their completion goal.
The Impostors will also have a tool called “Peely Party”. With it, they can make all the participants look like Peely, which will create confusion and chaos among them.
The only ways to win in any of the roles are as follows:
- As an Agent, you must complete all assignments or vote out all Impostors and claim victory for IO
- Being an Impostor, you must eliminate enough Agents to take control of the Bridge before being discovered
Players can queue up with any party size and any remaining slots will be filled. To keep gameplay fair and fun, public voice chat will be disabled in Impostors but you can still talk in party chat and use Emotes and the Quick Chat menu to communicate with all players.
Fortnite Impostors mode: Challenges and rewards
At the start of each game, you will be assigned a list of assignments you must complete, which will appear in your mini-map marked with an exclamation.
At the moment, we don’t have the complete list of assignments in Fortnite: Impostors, however here are some of the tasks you should complete:
- Order Lunch: Order the food written on the post-it on the top right of the ordering terminal at the Food Court
- Deliver Lunch: Deliver the lunch you ordered in the previous task to the Sleeping Quarters
- Fan Mail: Take out the mail collected in the Battle Bus
- Run Loot Report: Control a loot report in Island Control and deliver it to the Office
- Run Supplies Report: Run a factory report in Island Control and deliver it to the Supply Drop Factory
- Realign the Panel: Fix one of the panels around the Bridge by hitting it with a maze
- Update Credentials: Go to Security and update your credentials by looking at specific points within the scanner
- Reset Router: Reset the router from the maintenance room
- Deliver Fuses: Deliver fuses from the maintenance room to Loop Control
- Analyze Storm: Analyze the status of the Storm on the island at the Storm Monitoring room, by pressing the buttons on time
- Office Login: Enter the correct password on the PC inside the Office
- Sparring Practice: Punch the Peely dummy at the Sleeping Quarters
- Elevator Repair: Fix the elevator from the Bridge by hitting it with a maze
After each game, you will receive XP for your battle pass, based on what you achieved by being an Agent or an Impostor:
- Play a game: 1,500 XP
- Complete a game: 3,000 XP
- Win a game: 3,000 XP
- Spend time playing in a game: 450 XP
- Complete assignments as an Agent: 4,500 XP
- Perform sabotages as an Impostor: 3,000 XP
- Eliminate Agents as an Impostor: 4,000 XP
So far, these are the only rewards available but Epic could introduce more in the next few days. Impostors mode is now available in Fortnite.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Fortnite section, where you will find guides, news, esports tournaments, leaks and more.
Header image via Epic Games.