Fortnite Resistance Week 8 quests are live now across all the platforms, and one of the challenges this week is to use the Sensor Backpack to find an energy fluctuation around Loot Lake. Although the quest is self-explanatory, players may face challenges while finding the Sensor Backpack itself in the first place.
Then, the tricky portion of this mission is to find the energy fluctuation, which is obviously a complicated term for many Fortnite players. Considering this, we’ve put together all the essential steps that must be followed in order to complete the Sensor Backpack Resistance challenge in Fortnite.
Sensor Backpack locations - Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
The Sensor Backpack can usually be found in one of the two locations across Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Island. The first Sensor Backpack is located west of Titled Towers and the southeast of Camp Cuddle.
- How to get an Air Strike in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
- Fortnite v20.30 (May 10) Hotfix: Air Strike and Hunting Rifle Unvaulted
- Choppa Helicopter locations in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
- Fortnite returns on iOS devices via Xbox Cloud Gaming service
On the other hand, the second Sensor Backpack can be found south of Tilted Towers near Rocky Reels. You can also look at their exact locations on the Fortnite map through the image above.
How to use the Sensor Backpack to find an energy fluctuation around Loot Lake - Fortnite Ch3 S2
After collecting one of the Sensor Backpacks, all you need to do is go to Loot Lake, near The Fortress, to find an energy fluctuation. Once you head to the location marked above, you will find orange waves on the ground.
During this process, the Sensor Backpack will also start beeping, which indicates the energy fluctuation is close to you. Finally, press the interaction button to scan the energy fluctuation.
After that, the challenge will be marked as completed, and you’ll be rewarded with 23,000 XP for your effort.
Before you move on to the next quest, take a look at the rest of the challenges for Fortnite Resistance Week 8:
- Establish a Device Uplink near Sanctuary or Rocky Reels (1)
- Talk to Mancake, Bao Bros, and Lil Whip (3)
- Establish a Device Uplink near The Daily Bugle or The Joneses (1)
- Destroy trash laying around Sanctuary (8)
- Establish a Device Uplink near Shifty Shafts or Logjam Lumberyard (1)
- Collect Signal Jammers (3)
- Swim in water (1)
- Establish a Device Uplink near Seven Outpost I or Synapse Station (1)
- Equip the Sensor Backpack (1)
- Use the Sensor Backpack to find an energy fluctuation around Loot Lake (1)
So there you have it, everything you needed to know about using Sensor Backpack to find energy fluctuations in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2.
For more information on Chapter 3 Season 2, check out the Fortnite section of our site!
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.