Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8 has landed and brings the usual array of additions along with it. This includes map changes, a host of new weapons, and a shiny new battle pass that is packed full of skins and cosmetics.
One of these skins is the Toona Fish, which is the cartoon version of Fishsticks and the second such skin after Toon Meowscles. Toona Fish is also one of the game's most customizable skins, similar to that seen with the Maya, Kymera and Superhero skins.
Like Maya and Kymera, the Toona Fish skin is customizable only after you earn a certain amount of currency. This time, however, players are challenged with acquiring two. Firstly, players must find Color Bottles. Once acquired, this item gives players the ability to select one of the predefined styles, which they can ultimately unlock with enough Rainbow Ink.
Both items are found across the island. Rainbow Ink does have limits on how much you can earn per week.
If you are curious to know how this works then follow our guide.
Where to find Rainbow Ink in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8
You unlock Toona Fish on Page 1 of the Battle Pass. When you first unlock Toona Fish, he does admittedly look a little dour. This is because he is in grayscale, or rather in shades of black and white.
To colour him in, you will need to get your hands on Colour Bottles or Rainbow Ink. Colour Bottles can be found in floor loot, with each item corresponding to a certain skin. You will need three Color Bottles to have enough for each style and each has a location where it can be found. Here are the confirmed locations for each Color Bottle and its corresponding skin:
- Knightly Crimson (Red Knight) – Fort Crumpet
- Y-Labs Magenta (Lexa) – Misty Meadows
- Cuddly Pink (Cuddle Team Leader) – Steamy Stacks
- Ruby Red (Ruby) – Lockie’s Lighthouse
- Renegade Red (Renegade Raider) – Boney Burbs
- Pumpkin Orange (Punk) – The Orchard
- Midas Gold (Midas) – Catty Corner
- Desert Sand (Scorpion) – The wreckage west of Pleasant Park
- Banana Yellow (Peely) – Rainbow Rentals
- Leafy Green (Bushranger) – Stealthy Stronghold
- Recruit Green (Jonesy) – Weeping Woods bridge
- Codename G.R.N (Codename E.L.F.) – Corny Crops
- Ghoulish Green (Ghoul Trooper) – Shanty Town
- Slurp Turquoise (Rippley) – Sludgy Swamp
- Diamond Blue (Diamond Diva) – Gorgeous Gorge
- Frozen Blue (Snow Heart) – Coral Castle
- Crystalline Blue (Crystal) – The wreckage south of Dirty Docks
- Brite Purple (Brite Bomber) – Retail Row
- Mezmerizing Violet (Mezmer) – The wreckage south of Believer Beach
- Robotic Gret (A.I.M.) – Destroyed Dish
- Stone Grey (Love Ranger) – Mount F8
Rainbow Ink, on the other hand, is similar to the Alien Artifacts items seen in the previous season, except they can be found in any chest on the map. Players will be able to earn 25 Rainbow Ink per week, for a maximum of 250 Rainbow Inks across the entire season.
Players must first collect the Colour Bottles, which you can then be traded in (along with enough Rainbow Ink) to unlock the style.
You need 3 Rainbow Inks to unlock a style and there are 21 styles in total, each of which are inspired by a popular skin in a previous season of Fortnite.
For more about the latest season, check out our dedicated Fortnite hub for the latest news and guides.
Feature image courtesy of Epic Games.