Genshin Impact 4.0 update is expected to release on August 16 and will be one of the biggest updates that the game has ever received. It will bring the most awaited region, Fontaine, along with new characters, an Archon quest, a story quest, events, and much more.
In addition to this, one of the most popular end-game activities, Spiral Abyss, will also get updated with new enemies and mechanics in the 4.0 update. Leaks and HoYoverse have revealed these changes before HoYoverse's official announcement, and you can have a look at them below.
Genshin Impact 4.0 Spiral Abyss: New Enemies & Buffs
As per the leaks, Genshin Impact 4.0 update will bring enemies and bosses from Fontaine to Spiral Abyss Floors 12, and in addition to this, the buffs you will get for Floor 9 and above are also leaked.
- Floor 9: After a character triggers Vaporize reaction, Vaporize DMG is increased by 50% for five seconds.
- Floor 10: DMG against enemies affected by Hydro is increased by 50%.
- Floor 11: All team members will receive a 60% Pyro and Hydro DMG bonus.
- Floor 12: In Phase 1, when a character recovers HP, that character gains a 10% increased ATK for 10s. Max 4 stacks, and each stack will be counted independently. When a character loses HP, that character gains 40 Elemental Mastery for 10s. Max 3 stacks, and each stack will be counted independently. The effects from recovering and losing HP are independent of each other, and stacks are counted independently. In Phase 2, when a character recovers or loses HP, that character gains 40% increased Elemental and Physical DMG for 3s.
You can have a look at the enemies and bosses you will go against in Spiral Abyss Floors 11 & 12 below:
Chamber 1 Phase 1 Level 88
- Pyro Spectre: 109k HP
- Large Pyro Slime: 86k HP
- Pyro Whopperflower: 130k HP
Chamber 1 Phase 2 Level 88
- Cyro Spectre: 109k HP
- Large Cyro Slime: 86k HP
- Cyro Whopperflower: 130k HP
Chamber 2 Phase 1 Level 90
- Thunderhelm Lawachurl: 438k HP
- Winged Dendroshroom: 148k HP
- Grounded Hydroshroom: 148k HP
Chamber 2 Phase 2 Level 90
- Frostarm Lawachurl: 438k HP
- Archangel Sea Hare: 192k HP
- Primodial Bathysmal Vishap Hatchling: 296k HP
- Rimebiter Bathysmal Vishap Hatchling: 296k HP
- Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap Hatchling: 296k HP
Chamber 3 Phase 1 Level 92
- Kairagi: Dancing Thunder: 382k HP
- Kairagi: Fiery Might: 382k HP
- Nobushi: Jintouban: 159k HP
- Nobushi: Hitsukeban: 159k HP
- Nobushi: Kikouban: 159k HP
Chamber 3 Phase 2 Level 92
- Cyro Primo Giovishap: 1.5 million HP
Chamber 1 Phase 1 Level 95
- Maguu Kenki: 1.3 million HP
Chamber 1 Phase 2 Level 95
- Suppression Specialist Mech: 454k HP
- Construction Specialist Mech: 795k HP
- Water Splitting Phantasm: 567k HP
- Water Spouting Phastasm: 454k HP
- Fatui Cryo Cicin Mage: 346k HP
Chamber 2 Phase 1 Level 98
- Emperor of Fire and Iron: 1.4 million HP
Chamber 2 Phase 2 Level 98
- Eremite Daythunder: 515k HP
- Eremite Scorching Loremaster: 566k HP
- Large Shatterstone Breacher Primus: 927k HP
- Large Overgrown Breacher Primus: 1 million HP
Chamber 3 Phase 1 Level 100
- Fatui Skirmisher: Pyroslinger Bracer: 275k HP
- Eremite Desert Clearwater: 499k HP
- Annihilation Specialist Mech: 720k HP
- Construction Specialist Mech: 970k HP
Chamber 3 Phase 2 Level 100
- Icewind Suite: Coppelius' Retribution: 2 million HP
- Icewind Suite: Geppelia's Inhumation: 2 million HP
Genshin Impact 4.0 Characters New Mechanics
As per the leaks, Fontaine's characters and enemies are said to be divided into two factions, i.e., Pneuma and Ousia, representing Light and Desolation, respectively. These factions will influence the characters and enemies in Fontaine, giving them different alignments and abilities.
For example, some characters and enemies will be able to infuse their weapons with Pneuma or Ousia energy, which will have different effects on their targets. These mechanics can help players complete Floor 12 in a comparatively easier way.
"If you use Ousia attacks against Pneuma monsters or Pneuma attacks against Ousia monsters, the monsters will be paralyzed. Otherwise, they cannot be paralyzed," leaks by Hutao Lover stated.
Ousia and Pneuma will paralyze enemies weak to them (?)— ⟡ daniele - 639 pulls for Lyney Banner. (@reevedthrnd) July 4, 2023
Currently, only Fontaine units have these alignments.
Abyss Enemies will also have weaknesses to Ouisia and Pneuma. pic.twitter.com/dkswuFI0zY
However, keep in mind that all of the above information is based on the leaks, and we will have to wait until the release of the Genshin Impact 4.0 update release date to get a confirmation on the above.