Genshin Impact 4.2 update will bring two new playable characters, and one of them is Charlotte. She is a Reporter for the famous newspaper of Fontaine, The Steambird in Fontaine and always tries to find out the truth behind incidents to further report that in her articles.
She has already made her debut in the game as an NPC, and now, everyone is waiting for her to be available as a playable character. Charlotte is expected to be a 4-star character, and as per the official announcement, she will be a Cryo character.
You can find everything we know about Charlotte below, including her release date, abilities, constellations, and more.
Table of Contents
Genshin Impact Charlotte Release Date
As per the official announcement, Charlotte will be released as a playable character in the Genshin Impact 4.2 update, which is expected to launch on November 8. We will update this page once HoYoverse announces the date officially, and once she is available, you will be able to pull her from her banner using Intertwined Fates, which will cost you 160 Primogems each.
Charlotte's Abilities, Passive Talents, and Constellations
HoYoverse hasn't announced the complete details about Charlotte's Abilities, Passive Talents, and Constellations; however, leaks by Mero have revealed everything, and you can have a look at them below.
Charlotte's Attack Talents
- Normal Attack: Taking aim at targets using Monsieur Verite, her custom Kamera, Charlotte
performs up to 3 consecutive attacks, dealing Cryo DMG.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a fixed amount of Stamina, and after a moment’s preparation, will deploy Monsieur Verite to deal AoE Cryo DMG.
- Plunging Attack: Gathering the power of Cryo, Charlotte plunges toward the ground, dealing DMG to all opponents in her path and dealing AoE Cryo DMG upon landing.
Elemental Skill - Framing: Freezing Point Composition
Using the keen instincts of an ace reporter, Charlotte uses her photography skills to produce different effects based on whether the ability is tapped or held.
Takes a snapshot using Monsieur Verite, dealing AoE Cryo DMG to opponents in front of her and applying Snappy Silhouette to a maximum of 5 opponents. During this effect's duration, it will deal Cryo DMG to affected opponents at intervals.
When the hold state ends, Monsieur Verite will deal Cryo DMG to all opponents locked on within the viewfinder, and apply the same Snappy Silhouette as Tap Mode does to them. If you unleash this ability only after reaching Finisher Frame, you will instead apply Focused Impression, which lasts longer and deals more DMG, although the Skill CD will be longer. Composition Mode lasts a maximum of 15s and allows a maximum of 5 opponents to be selected.
Elemental Burst - Still Photo: Comprehensive Confirmation
Condensing ice to create The Steambird's signature, Charlotte creates a Verified Scene that will deal AoE Cryo DMG and restores HP for all party members based on Charlotte's ATK.
- While the ability is active, Monsieur Verite will deal Cryo DMG at intervals to opponents within its AoE.
- Will continuously restore HP to your active character based on Charlotte's ATK.
Charlotte's Passive Talents
- Moment of Impact: When opponents marked by "Focused Impression” are defeated, Framing: Freezing Point Compositions CD will be decreased by 2s. This CD decrease can be triggered 4 times every 12s.
- Diversity Survey: For each Fontainian party member other than herself, Charlotte gains a 5% Healing Bonus. For each non-Fontainian party member, Charlotte gains a 5% Cryo DMG Bonus.
- First-Person Shutter: After equipping the Special Analysis Zoom Lens, Charlotte's "Framing: Freezing Point Composition" Hold Mode cannot trigger its original effects, but you can now take photos in a more special way...
- A Need to Verify Facts: After Still Photo: Comprehensive Confirmation heals a character,
it will mark them with Verification, which will heal them once every 2s for 80% of Charlotte's ATK. This effect lasts 6s.
- A Duty to Pursue Truth: When using Framing: Freezing Point Composition, when Monsieur
Verite hits 1/2/3 (or more) opponents, Charlotte's own attack will be increased by 10%/20%/30% for 12s.
- An Imperative to Independence: Increases the Level of Still Photo: Comprehensive Confirmation by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- A Responsibility to Oversee: When Still Photo: Comprehensive Confirmation hits an opponent marked by Speedy Silhouette or Focused Impression, it will deal 10% more DMG and restore 2 Energy to Charlotte. This restoration can be triggered 5 times every 20s.
- A Principle of Conscience: Increases the Level of Framing: Freezing Point Composition by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- A Summation of Interest: When the active character's Normal and Charged Attacks hit an opponent marked by Framing: Freezing Point Composition's Focused Impression, Monsieur Verite will initiate a follow-up attack that deals 180% of Charlotte's ATK as AoE Cryo DMG and heals active character(s) within the AoE for 42% of Charlotte's ATK.
This effect can be triggered once every 6s, and both DMG and healing done this way will be considered as having been done by Charlotte's Elemental Burst.
We will update this page as we get our hands on the official information about her kit, so make sure to keep an eye on it.