Genshin Impact 2.6 update is here with a brand new playable character, Kamisato Ayato, and now, we have a total of 49 playable characters in the game to choose from. Each character has a different set of stats including attack, defense, crit rate etc that are dependent on the type of build you are using.
Some characters are great to lead the team from the front by dealing high amount of damage while some characters keep the party safe using their defensive shields. We have created a character tier list ranking all the characters from best to worst so that you can decide which characters you should be pulling in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact 2.6 character tier list
The characters in the tier list are listed under five levels explained as follows:
- SS-Tier: The best characters in the game, taking into account the current metagame.
- S-Tier: Characters that are remarkable and very good, useful for whatever situation you face.
- A-Tier: Good characters who can balance our team if we don't have the best.
- B-Tier: Not-so-bad characters, but they should be replaced by better ones as soon as you get the chance to do so.
- C-Tier: The ones you must avoid, only for emergency use or if you don't have a character to fill in a specific role.
Here is the complete tier list of Genshin Impact characters after patch 2.6 based on their roles.
Best characters (overall)
- SS-Tier: Ayaka, Ayato, Bennet, Hu Tao, Kazuha, Zhongli, Raiden Shogun, Xingqiu, Shenhe
- S-Tier: Childe, Ganyu, Eula, Itto, Mona, Sara, Sucrose, Venti, Xiangling, Xiao, Diluc
- A-Tier: Albedo, Diona, Yun Jin, Beidou, Fischl, Jean, Yae Miko
- B-Tier: Gorou, Klee, Kokomi, Rosaria, Yoimiya, Kaeya, Keqing, Ningguang, Sayu, Thoma, Xinyan, Yanfei, Traveler
- C-Tier: Barbara, Qiqi, Aloy, Chongyun, Lisa, Razor, Amber
Best characters (DPS and Sub-DPS)
- SS-Tier: Ganyu, Hu Tao, Ayaka, Ayato, Xiao, Raiden Shogun
- S-Tier: Itto, Eula, Diluc, Childe, Kazuha, Xingqiu, Sara, Shenhe, Xiangling, Xiao, Diluc, Yae Miko
- A-Tier: Klee, Beidou, Yoimiya, Bennet, Sucrose, Venti, Fischl, Jean, Keqing, Sayu, Xinyan, Yanfei, Traveler
- B-Tier: Albedo, Diona, Mona, Yun Jin, Gorou, Klee, Kokomi, Rosaria, Yoimiya, Kaeya, Ningguang, Noelle, Thoma, Aloy
- C-Tier: Qiqi, Chongyun, Lisa, Razor
Best characters (Support)
- SS-Tier: Bennet, Zhongli, Kazuha, Raiden Shogun,
- S-Tier: Diona, Venti, Sucrose, Barbara, Kokomi, Jean, Sara, Shenhe
- A-Tier: Albedo, Gorou, Mona, Sayu, Thoma, Rosaria, Xinyan
- B-Tier: Noelle, Qiqi, Yun Jin, Chongyun, Ninnguang, Xingqiu, Traveler
- C-Tier: Amber, Aloy, Lisa
Note: The rankings are based on our own personal opinion that may vary from person to person.
- Genshin Impact Hues of the Violet Garden event - How to play, rewards, more
- All chest locations in Genshin Impact 2.6 The Chasm area
- Genshin Impact The Lost Valley domain - How to unlock
- All Genshin Impact 2.6 Archaic Stones locations
Featured image courtesy of HoYoverse.