×
OR

By continuing, I agree to GINX' Terms and Conditions

OR
Please enter a valide email address

Already a GINX member? Sign in

CHOOSE YOUR USERNAME
›

Your username is how other community members will see you. Ever dreamt of being called JohnWick ? Now is the time.

Back
Genshin Impact
News > RPG > Genshin Impact
World

Genshin Impact fans brand miHoYo "greedy" after reveal of "gacha" anniversary web events

miHoYo shared Genshin Impact’s one-year anniversary community event rewards preview and fans are not happy about it.
Being one the most popular gacha games, Genshin Impact players were excited for the game's first anniversary celebrations that are taking place this month and next. Even though miHoYo is not known for its graciousness towards its community when it comes to free rewards. The players had their hopes high.

However, after a reveal of Genshin Impact's first anniversary events, players have been left nothing but disappointed.

Earlier today, miHoYo shared a post titled "Genshin Impact One Year Anniversary Community Event Rewards Preview." The post talked about six new community events and three ongoing events that were taking place in celebration of the game's first anniversary. 

Genshin Impact first anniversary events gacha
(Picture: miHoYo)

As expected, the rewards from most of these events are underwhelming. On top of that, there is one web event called "A Message in Time,"where you have a 10% chance to win a Blessing of the Welkin Moon. And a 90% chance to win 100,000 Mora. Putting a "gacha" system in an anniversary web event has been met with a chorus of derision with many accusing miHoYo of being "greedy". 

Not only that, another event called "Recording Your Anniversary Memories" rewards "only" one thousand players with a mere hundred Primogems. 

Genshin Impact first anniversary
Raiden Shogun at Thunder Manifestation boss arena. (Picture: Hritwik/miHoYo)

There are a few events with great rewards. But that is directed towards a particular player base who are good with art and cosplay. Sadly, Genshin Impact players cannot farm real-life talents as they do for characters in-game. 

Several other reasons worked as fuel to this Genshin Impact anniversary rewards outrage. 

  • Raiden Shogun being not able to proc chain lightning from Beidou's elemental burst.

  • The hunt against leakers. 

  • The underwhelming kit of some of the recently released characters. 

  • Adding Corrosion gameplay mechanic in Spiral Abyss right when Kokomi's banner is about to release. 

  • Not changing the battle pass weapons for almost a year. 

  • No quality end-game content. 

The list goes on. 

Considering miHoYo is a company that takes a lot from its community while gives very little in return. The outrage is understandable. However, as a company that has to generate revenue to keep working on current and upcoming titles while keeping its investors happy, miHoYo's actions are not wicked. 

For now, we would request the Genshin Impact community to wait for a week or so. As miHoYo will reveal more information about Genshin Impact's first anniversary and the events and rewards associated with it. Once everything is out in the open, you can give a more critical opinion on whether the anniversary rewards were underwhelming or not. 

 

Don't forget to check our dedicated Genshin Impact section, where you can find all the news, guides, and previews you desire, as well as our Genshin Impact Twitter account.

Featured image courtesy of miHoYo.