With miHoYo revealing all the content for the next major update for Genshin Impact, titled “The Immovable God and the Ethernal Euthymia”, lots of new features will be added into the game during the next few days including new characters, weapons, banners, and more.
As part of this update, many quests and special events will be available all around the new region of Inazuma, so this time we bring an overview on everything you will enjoy with the start of the update 2.0, as well as the rewards you can get and some major changes to be implemented around Teyvat.
Genshin Impact v2.0: New Archon Quests
As part of the debut of Inazuma, the nation of the Electro Archon, the first two acts of the Chapter II in the main story of the game will be available as well.
In the Act I - The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia and the Act II - Stillness, the Sublimation of Shadow, Beidou's Crux Fleet will be almost done with their supply and preparation work in Liyue. As promised, the fleet will take you through the thunderstorms to Inazuma.
The Traveler never stops for long, as now is as good a time as any to embrace destiny and set sail for the land engulfed by storm and tempest... The nation of "eternity".
To unlock Act I, all you need is to reach the Adventure Rank 30 or above and complete the Prologue of the Chapter II “Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves”.
While for Act II, you will need the same Adventure Rank, complete the Act I, and also the following new Story Quests:
- Kamisato Ayaka's Story Quest "Grus Nivis Chapter: Act I - The Whispers of the Crane and the White Rabbit"
- Yoimiya's Story Quest "Carassius Auratus Chapter: Act I - Dreamlike Timelessness"
Any of these quests require a Story Key to unlock them.
Genshin Impact v2.0: Level Adjustments to Archon Quests
After the Version 2.0 update, the Unlock Criteria for certain quests will be adjusted as follows:
- Unlock Criteria for Archon Quest Chapter I: Act II will be adjusted to Adventure Rank 25 or above (originally Adventure Rank 29 or above)
- Unlock Criteria for Archon Quest Chapter I: Act III will be adjusted to Adventure Rank 28 or above (originally Adventure Rank 35 or above)
- Unlock Criteria for World Quest "Bough Keeper: Dainsleif" will be adjusted to Adventure Rank 28 or above (originally Adventure Rank 36 or above)
- Unlock Criteria for Archon Quest Chapter I: Act IV will be adjusted to Adventure Rank 28 or above (originally Adventure Rank 36 or above)
- The level of monsters in Archon Quest Chapter I: Act II will be adjusted to Lv. 30 (originally Lv. 35).
- The rest of the adjustments made are adjustments to the player's Adventure Rank for the Quest Unlock Criteria, while other Unlock Criteria and quest rewards remain unchanged.
Genshin Impact v2.0: Thunder Sojourn Event
To be eligible for this event, you will have to be at least Adventure Rank 30 or above, and have already completed the Archon Quest "Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves," and the "Ritou Escape Plan" quest in "Chapter II: Act I - The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia".
The event will be divided into four acts packed with different challenges:
- Act I: Bolt Blitz - 22nd July: Travelers may complete six challenges in total, with three new challenges unlocking each day. After starting the challenge, Travelers must use Thunder Spheres to move quickly and reach the destination within the time limit.
- Act II: Lightning Round - 24th July: After starting the challenge, Travelers will need to defeat all opponents within the time limit.
- Act III: Weaving Lightning - 27th July: After starting the challenge, Travelers will need to defeat all opponents within the time limit.
- Act IV: Automaton Front - 30th July: Complete the Domain challenge.
All of the acts will give players rewards as Thunder Pellets, Thunder Crystals, Primogems, and Mora.
The Thunder Pellets and Thunder Crystals collected can be exchanged to obtain special rewards in the Event Shop, like the Crown of Insight, Talent Level-Up Materials, Hero's Wit, and unlock the "Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean" Beidou (Electro) for free.
The Thunder Sojourn Event will be active from 22nd July to 9th August, while its Shop will be available until 16th August.
Genshin Impact v2.0: Lost Riches Event
To be eligible for this event, you will have to be at least Adventure Rank 30 or above, and have already completed the "Ritou Escape Plan" during the Archon Quest.
In this event, Travelers will have the chance to partner with the Treasure-Seeking Seelie to seek out a treasure that can be exchanged in the Event Shop for one of the past commemorative Mini Seelies gadgets.
Some other rewards available in this event include Primogems, Mora, Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ores, and more.
The Lost Riches Event will be active on 6-16th August, while its Shop will be available until 20th August.
Genshin Impact v2.0: Domains and World Quests
The update 2.0 will also add the following new Domains, all localized within the first three areas available within Inazuma, Narukami Island, Kannazuka, and Yashiori Island:
Domain of Forgery: Court of Flowing Sand
They say that in antediluvian times now lost to history, there was once a foolish ruler who dreamed of building a high garden in honor of the white sacred tree over the primordial sands. Now, dead silence fills the kingdom built on sand, but the obsessions of the past remain.
Domain of Mastery: Violet Court
Sometime in the ancient past, the mountains rose higher than the skies, and the earth was larger than heaven's dome. But one day, the mirror shattered, and the oceans arose. In these legends, this caused the court of the primeval sakura to become sundered from the other islands.
Domain of Blessing: Momiji-Dyed Court
This court is ever a silent scene of falling red leaves. Perhaps lost causes and unforgettable loves may follow the veins of the earth and coalesce into the fruits of the court's white tree.
Domain: Empty Boat of a Thousand Gates
This tengu annex dwelling that floats upon the sea like a lonesome boat once played host to the somewhat famous "Yougou Three," and this would later become the cage in which they, having despaired, spent the rest of their days.
Domain: Shakkei Pavilion
This magnificent mansion was built by an ancient ascetic warrior in the depths of the earth using scenery borrowed from the outside world. In latter days, a deeply disheartened eccentric would be discovered within.
Domain: Formation Estate
This estate once belonged to a lieutenant of Orobashi no Mikoto, until he, the body of his god, and the sky alike were rent open by a flash of lightning.
Last but not least, a grand total of 32 World Quests will be available in Genshin Impact, unlocked through your progress throughout your advances on the Archon Quests of the Chapter II.
The update 2.0 of Genshin Impact will be available on 21st July 2021. More details on each of these events will be available as we get closer to their release.
For more tips, tricks and guides, don't forget to join our community of travellers through our Genshin Impact Twitter account.