Genshin Impact's "When The Sakura Bloom" preview live stream revealed some new characters previously known only through leaks, including Yae Miko. The character will debut in the game on 16th February and a brand new story quest.
Initially, Yae Miko played the role of an NPC in Genshin Impact and was introduced as the Yae Publishing House owner. Finally, after months of anticipation, players would be able to play as Yae Miko in Genshin Impact 2.5. As the complete details of the update are out now, here’s everything about Yae Miko's weapon, abilities, voice actor, and more.
Genshin Impact Yae Miko - Abilities & Weapon
The initial Genshin Impact leaks on Yae Miko suggested that she is an electro user that eventually turns out to be true. However, per the character’s description, Yae Miko is now confirmed to be a Catalyst wielder.
She provides a mix of constant damage when off the field, as well as high burst damage when on the field.
Here’s the complete breakdown of Yae Miko’s skills and talents:
Normal Attack: Spiritfox Sin-eater
- Normal attack: Summons forth kitsune spirits, initiating a maximum of three attacks that deal Electro damage.
- Charged attack: Consumes a certain amount of stamina to deal AoE Electro damage after a short casting time.
- Plunging attack: Plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path with thunderous might. Deals AoE Electro damage upon impact with the ground.
Elemental Skills and Talents
- Elemental Skill - (Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura) Cause Miko to move swiftly and leaves behind a Sesshou Sakura. These fox-shape branches can periodically cause Lightning to strike nearby enemies.
- Elemental Burst - (Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin) Miko will unseal nearby Sesshou Sakura, destroying their outer forms and transforming them into Tenko Thunderbolts that descend from the skies.
- Passive Talent 1 - (The Shrine's Sacred Shade) When Miko unleashes her Elemental Burst, each Sesshou Sakura destroyed resets the cooldown for 1 charge of her Elemental Skill.
- Passive Talent 2 - (Enlightened Blessing) Yae Miko's Elemental Mastery will increase the damage dealt by Sesshou Sakura.
- Exploration Talent - (Meditations of a Yako) When she crafts a Character Talent Material, she has a chance to create an extra Talent Material from the same region of a random type. The rarity of this material will be the same as the materials consumed during crafting.
Yae Miko's banner release date
Each Genshin Impact update is divided into two phases that introduce different banners, events, and more in the game.
Per the official schedule, Yae Miko “Everbloom Violet” banner will be released during Genshin Impact 2.5 Phase I.
Yae Miko's Japanese voice actor
Yae Miko’s Japanese voice actor was already confirmed by miHoYo a long time ago. Accordingly, Ayane Sakura is going to voice Yae Miko’s Japanese version.
Sakura previously played the role of Yotsuba Nakano in The Quintessential Quintuplets, Nero in Black Clover, and Ochako Uraraka in My Hero Academia.
Don't forget to check our dedicated Genshin Impact section, where you can find all the news, guides, and previews you desire, as well as our Genshin Impact Twitter account.
Featured image courtesy of miHoYo.