Genshin Impact's next content update for 2023 will be released soon with new content and plenty of adjustments and balance changes. The 3.5 update has garnered much excitement surrounding the new characters arriving in Teyvat soon, highlighted by the arrival of two more playable characters, Dehya and Mika.
Travelers have seen Dehya throughout promotional video content since the launch of the 3.0 update, while Mika has appeared fairly recently. We'll list all the upcoming content, adjustments, and balance changes detailed in the latest patch notes for Genshin Impact.
4th March 2023 Update: We've updated this guide to include confirmed content arriving in the upcoming 3.5 update for Genshin Impact. We'll endeavor to provide more updates once more reliable information is available.
Genshin Impact 3.5 Patch Notes – New Content
The latest update for Genshin Impact will reportedly be launching on 1st March 2023 with new in-game content, including new banners, weapons, events, and plenty of rewards. It's also suggested that more Genius Invokation TCG cards are to be added with this update, with no gameplay footage on how they play in-game.
Below we have detailed some of the latest inclusions in the 3.5 update for Genshin Impact based on multiple leaks provided by various dataminers and sources.
HoYoverse confirmed two more characters, arriving in the 3.5 update and featured in upcoming Character Event Wish banners. Announced via Genshin Impact's social media channels, we can confirm that Dehya and Mika are joining the roster of playable characters available in-game.
Dehya is an upcoming 5-star Pyro character from the Sumeru region who utilizes a claymore as her preferred weapon. Mika Schmidt, a character from the Mondstadt region, the Knights of Favonius' Front-Line Land Surveyor, is a 4-star Cryo character who is rumored to wield a polearm in-game
New Character Event Wish Banners:
With two more characters joining the fold, they will set to appear in the upcoming banners for the 3.5 update. Dehya will be featured in Phase I of the Character Event Wish banners, with the 5-star Electro character, Cyno, appearing alongside her.
The Special Program livestream confirmed that Phase II of the Character Event Wish banners would see Kamisato Ayaka and Shenhe return for banner reruns. The update's other playable character, Mika, will receive boosted drop rates for both banners respectively.
The Windblume Festival is returning as the winds will bring the Traveler and fellow acquaintances to Mondstadt in this annual event. Alongside the Windblume Festival, a new Story Quest featuring Dehya will be added, and you'll need to have a Story Key ready to unlock her Story Quest.
Dainsleif will be appearing in the 3.5 update courtesy of the new Archon Quest, "Caribert," in which the name will be a hint of what to expect in this quest. Lastly, Faruzan will be gaining a new Hangout Event for Travelers who wish to learn more about one of the Akademiya's oldest scholars.
Genshin Impact 3.5 Patch Notes – Adjustments & Bug Fixes
The Genshin Impact 3.5 update has officially arrived in-game as Travelers can collect the Maintenance and Issue Fix compensation for the downtime. The update's patch notes can be viewed below, with all game adjustments and bug fixes included:
Genshin Impact 3.5 Update Adjustments:
- On the Weapon and Artifact enhancement interface, you can now hold and scroll/swipe to select multiple Artifacts and Weapons that you want to consume.
- On the Destroy interface, you can now hold and scroll/swipe to select multiple Artifacts and Weapons that you want to destroy.
- On mobile, when the interaction key in certain gameplay modes is unavailable, it is now possible to touch the corresponding area to adjust the viewing angle.
- Optimizes operations and interactions on the Weapons and Artifact interface and fixes some issues:
- In Controller Mode, once Weapons and Artifacts have been enhanced to their maximum level, or when Weapons have been refined to their maximum level, you can now return to the previous page via the "Back" button.
- In Controller Mode, the Weapon/Artifact Attributes on the right side of the Weapon/Artifact Enhancement page can now be toggled up and down with the right joystick.
- In Controller Mode, when opening the comparison window in the Artifact Interface, the same button can be pressed again to close the window.
- Fixes an issue whereby under certain circumstances, the names of a small portion of Artifacts in the Artifact Enhancement menu were abnormally obscured.
- Optimizes the movement effects of the list of Artifacts or Weapons when selecting Artifacts or Weapons in the Character interface.
- Optimizes the sound reverberation effects for certain indoor settings.
- Optimizes the sound performance of certain interfaces.
- Optimizes the Korean, English, and Japanese voice lines of some characters and fixes some voice-over text errors.
- Optimizes the Korean, English, and Japanese voice lines for some quests.
- Genius Invokation TCG
- Adjusts the interface performance for the dice-rolling phase of Genius Invokation TCG.
- Optimizes the refresh logic for the number of times the Summons and Team Combat Statuses can be used in Genius Invokation TCG. The number of Usages will take the highest value.
- Example: Suppose that the default initial number of Usages for a Summon is 2 and that Summon is already on the field and its current available Usages is at 4. Before the optimization, if that Summon is created again, the number of its available Usages will be updated to 2. After said optimization, the maximum number of available Usages will be 4.
- Optimizes the visual performance of certain scenes.
- Optimizes the source description of the Traveler's Constellation activation material.
- Adds a path on the map to a cave entrance in the Qusayr Al-Inkhida area of the Desert of Hadramaveth (only add an icon on the map, and the terrain remains unchanged.)
- It is no longer possible to use the "Treasure Compass" gadget in the Eternal Oasis.
- Adjusts the display order of the achievement "The Dirge of Bilqis" in the "Sumeru: The Gilded Desert - Series II" achievement category.
- Adjusts the name of the name card from "Achievement: Sandstorm" to "Sumeru: Sandstorm."
- Adjusts the category names of some items.
- Adjusts the category of some enemy drops to "Character and Weapon Enhancement Material."
- Adjusts "Talent Level-Up Material" to "Character Talent Material."
- After defeating bosses, the names of some Character Ascension Materials obtained by using Resin are adjusted from "Character Level-Up Material" to "Character Ascension Material."
- Adjusts the "Gadgets" obtained through the Crafting Bench to "Consumables."
Genshin Impact 3.5 Update Bug Fixes
- Fixes an issue whereby a Korean voice-over in the Story Quest "Kaeya's Gain" was abnormally interrupted.
- Fixes an issue whereby an inner monologue sound effect in the Story Quest "The Rumored Alchemist" would not play.
- Fixes an issue whereby certain chests could not be unlocked in the Domain of the World Quest "The Rhythm that Reveals the Beastly Trail" under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue with the boss "Perpetual Mechanical Array" whereby when it splits, there is a small probability that it will abnormally take DMG.
- Fixes an issue whereby after either Xingqiu, Thoma, or Yelan uses an Elemental Burst, if the currently active character switches to the Traveler due to cutscenes or dialogue, the effects of said unleashed Elemental Burst would be triggered abnormally.
- Fixes an issue whereby after disconnecting from the server, the elemental application frequency of Xingqiu's Rain Swords would be abnormal.
- Fixes an issue whereby there was an incorrect transition time to the sprinting movement, where Yaoyao could sprint immediately after launching a Plunging Attack.
- Fixes an issue with Yaoyao whereby after casting her Elemental Skill, if you switch to another character while summoning Yuegui, the White Jade Radishes that Yuegui throws at the character would have a small probability of having an abnormal trajectory.
- Fixes an issue whereby under certain circumstances, the size of the special effects of Cyno's "Endseer" state was abnormally displayed.
- Fixes an issue with Eula whereby a bug resulting from performance optimizations after Version 3.3 would cause abnormalities in the timing for holding her Elemental Skill to deal damage after obtaining the Grimheart effect.
- Fixes an issue whereby after either Xiangling, Yun Jin, Rosaria, Thoma, or Shenhe obtains an elemental infusion, when performing a Plunging Attack, they would abnormally apply elemental effects when descending.
- Fixes an issue whereby some music would trigger abnormally in some environments.
- Fixes an issue with Yelan whereby when her voice-over is triggered after reaching Friendship Lv. 2, there was a small probability that the voice-over would encounter an error.
- Fixes an issue with Kuki Shinobu whereby when her voice-over is triggered after reaching Friendship Lv. 2, her voice-over would not play properly.
- Fixes an issue whereby Paimon's English voice-over tip, "How about we explore the area ahead of us later?" would be missing.
- Optimizes an issue whereby open-world BGM may not play properly after the game is loaded when logging into the game.
- Fixes an issue whereby wishes for the Beginner's Wish could not be performed normally when the number of remaining Wishes was less than 10 (after the fix, this event wish page will vanish after a ten-pull).
- Fixes an issue whereby Alhaitham's voice line "Opening Treasure Chest: III" could not be displayed properly in the Profile > Voice-Over interface.
- Fixes an issue in the Serenitea Pot whereby some of Raiden Shogun's bubble text would display abnormally under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue whereby when you perform a Mystic Offering at the Crafting Bench, the selection status of your selected Artifact would display abnormally under certain circumstances.
Genius Invokation TCG:
- Fixes an issue in Genius Invokation TCG whereby there is a localization error in Japanese for the Combat Status "Sparks 'n' Splash" created by the "Klee" Character Card.
- Fixes a text error in the Item "Jeht's Letter."
- Fixes an issue with the abnormal placement of a Sacred Seal in the Desert of Hadramaveth.
- Fixes an issue with abnormal collision size in some environments.
- Fixes some textual errors in 15 languages and optimizes text. "Note: Related in-game functions have not changed." (Travelers can view the changes in different languages by going to the Paimon Menu > Settings > Language and changing the Game Language.)
- Text-related fixes and optimizations in English include:
- Optimizes Oz's description on Fischl's Talent Card.
- Optimizes Kaeya's voice-over regarding Fischl.
- Optimizes instances of a term from "Hydro Crystal Chunk" to "Crystal Chunk."
- Optimizes instances of a term from "Coral Pearls" to "Sango Pearls."
- Optimizes instances of a term from "Ravioli" to "Pierogi."
- Optimizes Bennett's skill description.
- Fixes a few errors in Archon Quests, Story Quests, and World Quests.
For more content from Teyvat, check out our section dedicated to the latest Genshin Impact news, updates, guides, features, and more. Also, make sure to follow our Genshin Impact Twitter account.