Steam Deck is basically a portable PC that you can take anywhere with you and play games on the go. However, if you are a Genshin Impact player, you won't be able to do so as the title is unavailable on Steam Deck.
Surely that doesn't mean you can not play Genshin Impact at all, but you will have to follow some other methods. You will have to install Windows on Steam Deck in order to play Genshin Impact on it; however, if you are planning to go ahead with this method, keep in mind that you cannot dual boot it.
This means that you will have to overwrite SteamOS in order to install Windows. If you still wish to proceed, here are the steps to install Genshin Impact on Steam Deck.
Steam Deck: How to Download and Play Genshin Impact
Before starting the procedure, you need to download Windows 10 on a bootable pen drive, and once done; you can follow these steps.
- First of all, plug the USB Type-C flash drive into Steam Deck, and if you don't have one, you can use a USB to C adapter to do it.
- Enter the boot menu by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons and select USB as the Boot Device using the D-pad.
- Restart the device and install the windows, which will be in portrait mode but will be changed to landscape in the steps further.
- Once done, go to the Start > Settings > System > Display > Display Orientation and select Landscape.
- Download a browser of your choice and open Genshin Impact's official website.
- Then, click on the Download button on the top right corner of the screen and download the PC version of the game.
- Follow the launcher's instructions to install Genshin Impact and once it's done, log in with your account and start playing.
So that is everything you need to know about installing Genshin Impact on Steam Deck.
- How To Pre-Install Genshin Impact 3.0 Update
- HoYoverse Adjusted Genshin Impact Update Schedule Window
- Genshin Impact 3.0 Release Date, Livestream, Leaks
- Genshin Impact 3.0 Weapons & Artifacts – Hunter's Path, Gilded Dreams & More
For more content from Teyvat, check out our section dedicated to the latest Genshin Impact news, updates, guides, features, and more. Also, make sure to keep an eye on our Genshin Impact Twitter account.
Featured image courtesy of PC-Gaming.it