The legendary gaming peripherals brand Razer, has unveiled its new specialized webcam which will offer professional video standards, aimed at the WFH and streamers and content creator market: the Razer Kiyo Pro.
This new webcam has great features over many of its competitors, offering uncompressed 1080p with frame rates of 60 FPS producing great video quality regardless of the lighting condition.
This is thanks to its larger Type 1/2.8 ultra-sensitive CMOS sensor, which through the use of STARVIS technology, allows taking care of and adapting its performance, managing to transmit a clear and vibrant image when streaming with dark setups or with bright LED lighting.
In addition to this, the Kiyo Pro allows you to capture video with HDR enabled at 30 FPS, giving it a more dynamic and improved focus at a reasonable price, adding that it has different field-of-view options selectable via Razer Synapse, that can take it to 80°, 90°, and 103°, giving you flexibility for your everyday use.
In terms of design, the camera lens is reinforced with a Corning Gorilla® Glass 3, giving it great resistance in matters of drops, scratches and bumps, in addition to being included with a cover that protects the webcam's lens, for when it is not in use or when you require some privacy.
Razer Kiyo Pro - specifications
Here are its full specifications:
- Video Resolution: 1080p @ 60 / 30 / 24 FPS / 720p @ 60 FPS / 480p @ 30 FPS / 360p @ 30 FPS
- Field of View: 103°, 90°, 80°
- Image Resolution: 2.1 Megapixels
- Still Image Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Connection Type: USB3.0
- Focus Type: Auto
- Video Encoding: H.264 codec
- Mounting Options: L-shape joint and Tripod (Not included)
- Image Quality Settings Customization: Yes
- Cable Length: 1.5 meters braided cable
- Audio Codec: 16 Bit 48 KHz
- Polar Patterns: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: -38 dB
- Compatibility: PC with a free USB port, Windows® 8 (or higher), Internet connection, 500 MB of free hard disk space, compatible with Open Broadcaster Software and Xsplit
How much does the Razer Kiyo Pro cost and when does it come out?
The Razer Kiyo Pro is available now on Razer’s website for US$199.99, along with a one-year warranty when purchased from the RazerStore, and will be available at other retailers during the following weeks.