Hogwarts Legacy is the latest open-world action RPG from Avalanche Software, taking Harry Potter fans back to the famous Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and its neighboring countryside. Much like the books, Hogwarts Legacy also features many fascinating characters (both new and old) that players will get to meet during their time at the castle. In this article, we will take a look at every character that has been revealed so far for Hogwarts Legacy. From main characters to side characters, we will cover them all.
REMINDER - Hogwarts Legacy was due to launch on PS4 and Xbox One on April 4, but now won't release until 5 May 2023.
Table of Contents
Every Character in Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts Legacy Companions
- Poppy Sweeting (Hufflepuff): Poppy is a kind-hearted Hufflepuff with a deep affection for magical creatures.
- Natasi Onai (Gryffindor): Natasi is a justice-seeking fifth-year Gryffindor student who transferred to Hogwarts because of her mother, the Divination professor.
- Sebastian Sallow (Slytherin): Sebastian is a charismatic trouble-seeking Slytherin with a dark secret.
- Ominis Gaunt (Slytherin): Ominis is a descendent of Salazar Slytherin and potentially a distant relative of Lord Voldemort, with a rare ability to speak Parseltongue!
- Amit Thakkar (Ravenclaw): Amit is a studious Ravenclaw student who aims to be a wizarding historian.
- Garreth Weasley (Gryffindor): Gareth is a fifth-year student and a distant relative of Ron Weasely in the Harry Potter books.
- Samantha Dale (Ravenclaw): Samantha is a fifth-year student and a descendant of Marmaduke Gilbertus Dale, a famous Herbologist.
- Adelaide Oakes (Hufflepuff): Adelaide is a fifth-year student you'll meet if you're in Hufflepuff. She's related to the adventurer and metal trader Rowland Oakes.
- Sacharissa Tugwood (Hufflepuff): A Hufflepuff student who believes they have discovered the cure for acne.
- Lodgok: A friendly goblin metal trader with an interesting connection to another notable character.
Hogwarts Legacy Professors
- Phineas Nigellus Black (Headmaster): Black is the Headmaster of Hogwarts and the great-great-grandfather of Sirius Black!
- Matilda Weasley (Transfiguration Professor): Weasley is the Deputy Headmistress and Transfiguration teacher in Hogwarts Legacy, reminiscent of Professor Minerva McGonagall.
- Abraham Ronen (Charms Professor): Ronen is an old and comical Charms professor whose personality is very reminiscent of Filius Flitwick.
- Aesoph Sharp (Potions Professor): Sharp is a grim-looking Potions master reminiscent of Severus Snape.
- Cuthbert Binns (History of Magic Professor): Binns is a ghost who's also the History of Magic Professor at Hogwarts. Yes, it's the same Professor Binns from the Harry Potter books.
- Dinah Hecat (DADA Professor): Dinah is the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts who previously worked in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic.
- Eleazar Fig (Magical Theory): Fig teaches Magical Theory at Hogwarts and has an incredibly important role in the main story, aiding the protagonist in taking down the evil goblin Ranrok and his supporters.
- Mirabel Garlick (Herbology Professor): Garlick is a red-haired Herbology Professor who grew up among Muggles.
- Mudiwa Onai (Divination Professor): Mudiwa used to teach at the largest wizarding school in the world, called Uagadou, before joining Hogwarts as the Divination Professor.
- Satyavati Shah (Astronomy Professor): Satyavati is a Muggle-born and the Astronomy Professor in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Madam Chiyo Kogawa (Flying Professor): Chiyo Kogawa teaches you how to use a broomstick.
- Bai Howin (Beasts and Magical Creatures Professor): Bai Howin used to work for the Japanese Ministry for Magic but teaches about Fantastic Beasts in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Madam Scribner: Not really a Hogwarts Professor; Madam Scribner manages the school library.
- Gladwin Moon: Not really a Hogwarts Professor; Gladwin Moon is the Hogwarts Groundskeeper.
- Albie Weekes: Owner of Spintwitches (Quidditch shop)
- Sirona Ryan: Manages the Three Broomsticks
- Parry Pippin: Owner of J.Pippin’s Potions (Potions shop)
- Ellie Peck: Owner of Brood & Peck (Beasts shop)
- Beatrice Green: Proprietor of Dogweed and Deathcap (Plant Shop)
Hogwarts Legacy Ghosts & Familiars
- Nearly Headless Nick: Everyone's favorite Gryffindor ghost is also part of the Hogwarts Legacy though it's unclear what his role is in the game's larger narrative.
- Peeves: The mischief-making poltergeist is also back in Hogwarts Legacy, and players should be careful to stay out of his way.
- Professor Cuthbert Binns: Binns is the only ghost Professor in Hogwarts Legacy that fans of the Harry Potter books will immediately recognize.
- The Fat Lady: The keeper of Gryffindor's Common Room is also back in Hogwarts Legacy, and fans should probably brace themselves to hear her Opera singing.
- The Sorting Hat: The famed sentient hat returns to Hogwarts Legacy in the game's opening banquet. Later in the game, you can find The Sorting Hat in the Headmaster's office.
- Richard Jackdaw: This ghost is linked to a main questline in the game.
Hogwarts Legacy Villains
- Ranrok (Antagonist): Ranrok is the main antagonist of Hogwarts Legacy. He leads the Goblin Rebellion against the wizards in the game.
- Victor Rookwood (Antagonist): Victor Rookwood is one of Ranrok's allies in his Goblin Rebellion against the wizards in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Theophilus Harlow (Antagonist): Theophilus is the second-in-command in the Ashwinders gang.
- Ailsa Travers (Antagonist): Ailsa shares the name of one of Lord Voldemort's Death Eaters; therefore, she may be an ancestor of one of the Dark Lord's followers.
- Silvanus Selwyn (Antagonist): Silvanus is one of the main leaders of the Ashwinders gang and shares the name of a Death Eater. He is potentially related to Dolores Umbridge.
- Gwendolyn Zhou (Antagonist): Gwendolyn is another one of the main leaders of the Ashwinders gang.
- Catrin Haggarty
Other Notable Characters
- Charles Rookwood (Keeper)
- Percival Rackham (Keeper)
- San Bakar (Keeper)
- Niamh Fitzgerald (Keeper)
- Isidora Morganach (Protege of Professor Rackham)
- Solomon Sallow (Sebastian's uncle)
- Anne Sallow (Sebastian's sister)
- Scrope (Black Family House Elf)
- Deek (House Elf)
- Feenky (House Elf)
- Garnuff (Goblin)
- Arn (Goblin)
- Dorran (Centaur)
- Dorothy Sprottle (Three Broomsticks side quest character)
- Nellie Oggspire (linked to Daedalian Keys quest)
- Constance Dagworth
- Lucan Brattleby
- Clementine Willardsey
- Betty Bugbrooke
- Archie Bickle
- Johanna Bickle
- Cressida Blume
- Evangeline Bardsley
- Agnes Coffey
- Astoria Crickett
- Everett Clopton
- Crispin Dunne
- Fatimah Lawang
- Imelda Reyes (captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team)
- Hector Wesley (Possibly an ancestor of Ronald Wesley?)
- Grace Pinch-Smedley
- George Osric
- Sophronia Franklin
- Marianne Moffett
- Hector Jenkins
- Mahendra Pehlwaan
- Padraic Haggarty
- Leander Prewett
- Nellie Oggspire
- Nerida Roberts
- Arthur Plummly
- Alexandra Ricketts
- Zenobia Noke
- Mary Portman
- Noctua Gaunt (mentioned)
- Eldritch Diggory (portrait hangs in the Hufflepuff Common Room)
- Helen Thistlewood (portrait hangs in the Hufflepuff Common Room)
- Ferdinand Octavius Pratt (portrait hangs in the Three Broomsticks)
- Gerbold Ollivander (possibly related to Garrick Ollivander)
Will Harry Potter be in Hogwarts Legacy?
Unfortunately, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger (and others) won't feature in Hogwarts Legacy because the game takes place in the 1890s, long before these characters came to Hogwarts. Harry attended the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1991 to 1996. We do, however, know that there will be a Weasley in the game, so that's that.
All Hogwarts Legacy Characters FAQ
Will Harry Potter be in Hogwarts Legacy?
No, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and other characters from the original series will not be featured in Hogwarts Legacy as the game is set in the 1890s, long before their time at Hogwarts.
Who are the companions in Hogwarts Legacy?
Some of the companions in Hogwarts Legacy include Poppy Sweeting (Hufflepuff), Natasi Onai (Gryffindor), Sebastian Sallow (Slytherin), Amit Thakkar (Ravenclaw), and more. Each companion has their own unique characteristics and affiliations.
Who are the professors in Hogwarts Legacy?
The professors in Hogwarts Legacy include Phineas Nigellus Black (Headmaster), Matilda Weasley (Transfiguration Professor), Abraham Ronen (Charms Professor), Aesoph Sharp (Potions Professor), and several others. Each professor teaches a different subject at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.